All New Equipment

Yes, the pipe is going to the returns. This morning the bubble covered almost the whole clear part of the lid. Speed overnight was 1200rpm.

This morning I stopped the pump, emptied the baskets and restarted the pump at 1900rpm. Here are the bubbles now:
View attachment 484062

No bubbles out of the returns.

I’ll lube the o-rings and see if that helps.
That is about what my pentair intelliflo vsf looks like on low rpm's , I believe it is normal. Does it go away when you ramp up to higher speed?

Reactions: nrobfd_pl
Is 1900 rpm not a higher speed? What rpm?
The bubble in mine doesnt go away until I get up around 2600rpm (the speed we run our hot tub)
There are quite a few posts on here all pointing to that being normal operation :)

Rob,

I have three IntelliFlo pumps that tend to run at 1200 most of the time. They all have bubbles under the pump lid.. I just don't worry about it.

They all run 24/7.. One has been running for over 10 years, one over 8 years and one for over 7 years.

I just don't see the problem, unless the bubbles keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Looks like that is in your long down to the returns. if you disconnect the union at the salt cell spacer you should be able to use a heat gun carefully on that joint to break it free, clean it back up with light sandpaper and reglue.
Though this could also be the universe telling you to go ahead and valve the returns lol
I listened to the universe:
IMG_1529.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.