Algea doesnt go away

oguzal

May 27, 2022
bridgewater
Pool Size
I opened my pool 2 weeks ago and The filter has been running every day 10-16 hours, it was very green, i spent lots of chemicals including 10 lbs of shock , 7 x 3’ chlorine tabs, 2 bottles of algicide , 1 bottle of clarifier, 15 lbs of alkaline, all the levels are good the only thing thats not in normal range is phosphate which is a bit over the normal range, I still i see the algae in the pics below

1.Is this black algae?
2. How to kill it?

IMG_2876.jpegIMG_2868.jpeg

I opened my pool 2 weeks ago , it was very green, i spent lots of chemicals including 10 lbs of shock , 7 x 3’ chlorine tabs, 2 bottles of algicide , 1 bottle of clarifier, 15 lbs of alkaline, all the levels are good now but I still i see the algae in the pics below
The filter has been running every day 10-16 hours

1.Is this black algae?
No, just algae.
2. How to kill it?
If you don't have a good test kit, that is the first step...get one today. Link-->Test Kits Compared

Follow the SLAM process...Link-->SLAM Process

Reactions: Bperry and mknauss
I did the SLAM process , i vacuumed every day for 3 days and kept the chlorine level very high, still algae is coming back
One thing to mention is that the bottom drains are not working so the pool is running of the skims
Could that be the reason

I’m very sorry - but what you’re describing is not the SLAM process. You got suckered by the pool store into the old “dump and pray“ method, which doesn’t work.

Those are either living or dead algae cells. The only thing that will eliminate algae is SLAM, but it requires self-testing, accurate chlorine dosing, brushing and filtering. There are 3 exit criteria, make sure you pass each point.

SLAM Process

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.