Algae Foam

Jun 12, 2014
Sharpsville, IN
Exactly what my thread is titled? What? In all my years at my home I've never experienced this nor know where to start. Left for vacation 3 weeks ago for a week. Came back to a green pool. No amount of chlorine is touching it. The foam was LITERALLY crawling out of my skimmer this morning.

Anyone???

I dont have test readings at this time. But just consider them OFF THE CHART!

Actually, we do need test readings! Do you have your own test kit?

If not, step 1, order one, TF100 or K2006C. TF100 is the best value. Get the Speedstir, makes testing easy

Have you used any algaecides? They can cause foaming.

I suggest adding 2 gallons of bleach each day until you get your test kit.

Take care.

Exactly what my thread is titled? What? In all my years at my home I've never experienced this nor know where to start. Left for vacation 3 weeks ago for a week. Came back to a green pool. No amount of chlorine is touching it. The foam was LITERALLY crawling out of my skimmer this morning.

Anyone???

I dont have test readings at this time. But just consider them OFF THE CHART!
As requested please post up a complete set of recent test results so we know what we are working with.

Also, please list everything that you have put in the water, chlorine, muriatic acid, algaecides, clarifiers, etc.

Liquid Shock - Added MA to bring PH down really low to build back up during shock process - cleared right up (no foam - not color of water) - 2 days later foam overgrowth - Don't use algaecide per this site

Will get test results this evening. Added 2 gallons last night - 1 gallon this morning before I left for work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.