Aiper Seagull Pro Review

My Seagull Pro is still going strong at 1 year. The first one I got was a dud, but exchange happened easily. Still charges in slightly more than 2 hours, runs for 3. Seldom misses anything on the floor (that's mostly what I run), but does good on walls too. I had to modify rear wheels by 1/4" so it wouldn't get stick on drains. Waiting for finer filter to be released, it's the only negative I have. I don't like the top knob, but it works (with some force). I'd buy the newer model if this bites the dust.

Reactions: iamtexmax
My Seagull Pro is still going strong at 1 year. The first one I got was a dud, but exchange happened easily. Still charges in slightly more than 2 hours, runs for 3. Seldom misses anything on the floor (that's mostly what I run), but does good on walls too. I had to modify rear wheels by 1/4" so it wouldn't get stick on drains. Waiting for finer filter to be released, it's the only negative I have. I don't like the top knob, but it works (with some force). I'd buy the newer model if this bites the dust.
Do you think they will release a finer filter?

I have found that for our area the standard filter works for finer dust and debris if you empty the basket between cleanings but dont rinse/clean it. figured this out by accident on a particularly lazy week lol

Reactions: Newdude
Can you post a link to this post? I'm also considering both the Scuba S1 and Seagull Pro.

I thought the 250um filter was going to be finer, it's actually coarser. Don't expect Aiper to come out with anything finer, very disappointed. My bad for not researching it more.

"If the filter is too fine, it is prone to getting stuck by garbage. Therefore, we introduced a 250um filter with a larger aperture. We are sorry for the misunderstanding." -Aiper.

Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So do we all think the
I thought the 250um filter was going to be finer, it's actually coarser. Don't expect Aiper to come out with anything finer, very disappointed. My bad for not researching it more.

"If the filter is too fine, it is prone to getting stuck by garbage. Therefore, we introduced a 250um filter with a larger aperture. We are sorry for the misunderstanding." -Aiper.
Scuba S1 won't handle sand well? My biggest cleaning is going to be sand/pollen because I'm caged in so no worries about leafs or other debris.
Thanks!

So do we all think the

Scuba S1 won't handle sand well? My biggest cleaning is going to be sand/pollen because I'm caged in so no worries about leafs or other debris.
Thanks!
Both have a 180um filter. Picks up sand fine. Just doesn't get silt/dead algae. But since it stirs up the water a lot, it eventually gets filtered out at the main DE or sand filter. I thought it odd the cheaper versions (E1) have a second 3um filter, but they require flat bottom above ground pool (supposedly).

Finally no longer gets stuck on drains! All it needed was an extra 1/4" to radius of rear wheels. Used these, with one side of lip cut off. Perfect fit (with a few dabs of 3M 5200). My drains are a hair higher than the bottom Seagull clearance, these are a good fit.

Here it is in floor mode. Acts a little crazy the first 5-10 minutes, but after that it just goes back and forth like this:

Betta 2 charging in the sun at the end. Best combo ever!
I tried this and it did not work for me. I think my drain covers are a little higher - maybe 7/8" or so. What finally worked for me was to 3D print a couple of "skids" and fix them to the bottom of the robot using Gorilla mounting strips. Just one skid was not enough, but two worked like a charm. Even though I finally fixed the issue, I feel like Aiper was no help at all.

Attachments

• 20240517_151857.jpg
    20240517_151857.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240419_202827.jpg
    20240419_202827.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240420_100214.jpg
    20240420_100214.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: HermanTX and tcat
I just bought the Aiper Scuba when my Pentair Prowler 920 died in year 5. Couldn’t justify spending so much to replace. The only thing I’m frustrated with is the filter like has been mentioned. My prowler used to pick up all the dirt/dust in the bottom of our pool and the Aiper does not. I tried lining with the aquarium filter that someone mentioned and it’s ok but thinking maybe I can makeshift with the following (which was similar to the prowler) if I can remove from the frames. Anyone try anything like this? I have a vinyl liner.

Amazon.com