Aiper Seagull Pro Review

So those sock skimmer filters work on this style of basket? Need to clear out all the algae flocced on the bottom of the pool.
Not efficiently, I throw one in the basket and it collects "some". Really needs a fine filter. Looks like it would be very easy for them to line the basket with finer material.

Ran my replacement through a cycle today when I could watch it for the most part. Had to shove it off the main drain every single time. Even with the wheels barely crossing the drain that was enough to throw it off course and start endless circling. I'm seeing pretty much the same navigation behavior as LordNorth reports above.

I don't have time to babysit an $800 machine for 2 hours so it can do what it's supposed to do. I don't want the hassle of that either. I could brush the dirt and sand to the deep end and manually vacuum with less trouble and in half the time.

Just sent an email to Aiper asking for a return label so I can ship it back for a refund. Hopefully they'll follow through. I'll report back with what they say.
I think the tires were a problem for my liner pool. Both units I had climbed fine but backflipped at the waterline. It did a great job picking up sand and leaves from the bottom though. Absolutely needs a finer filter.
Hi Kaylee 34,
Sorry for my bad english, I am french 😒
My Seagull pro backflipped at the waterline. I have a very smooth new liner. When I try it in the pool of my neighbours, my Seagull does not blackflip ! Pool of my neighbours have the same form, rectangular, but their liner is more rough than mine. other thing, the first time I tryed il on May, it did not do a backflip, the water was cold. Difference between pool of my neighbour ans mine is temperature, my pool is indoors, pool of my neighbours is outdoors. 2 hypothèse, water température and liner characteristic...I find this video on youtube, the guy has the same problem...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JItkvS-jmFo

It's been 3 months since my replacement came. No issues at all! Very impressed (other than it needs a fine basket). Hits every inch of my 380 sq.ft. pool. With my modified rear wheels, hasn't gotten stuck on my drains. I do floors 2 or 3 times a week and walls maybe every other week. Has plenty of suction power even with a full basket. Stays clung to walls up and down. Doesn't interfere with Betta2 above. Charges in no time (1.5 hours). Hoping they stay in business and this model doesn't get recalled like the Elite. This and the Edge-40 SWG I installed last year make pool upkeep a breeze!

It's been 3 months since my replacement came. No issues at all! Very impressed (other than it needs a fine basket). Hits every inch of my 380 sq.ft. pool. With my modified rear wheels, hasn't gotten stuck on my drains. I do floors 2 or 3 times a week and walls maybe every other week. Has plenty of suction power even with a full basket. Stays clung to walls up and down. Doesn't interfere with Betta2 above. Charges in no time (1.5 hours). Hoping they stay in business and this model doesn't get recalled like the Elite. This and the Edge-40 SWG I installed last year make pool upkeep a breeze!
I agree with you. Perfectly satisfied with the performance in my 18x33 above ground pool. ( I only do the floor cause the walls never get dirty) It does need a revision to the filter basket such as material to filter out micro particles. I live near a major highway with a great deal of truck traffic so I get quite a bit of diesel soot in the pool that the mesh does not filter out. I jury rigged the filter basket with some 1/8 inch cotton backing material that my wife found at Hobby Lobby. This catches most of the fine particles.

Reactions: tcat
Reactions: Newdude
I agree with you. Perfectly satisfied with the performance in my 18x33 above ground pool. ( I only do the floor cause the walls never get dirty) It does need a revision to the filter basket such as material to filter out micro particles. I live near a major highway with a great deal of truck traffic so I get quite a bit of diesel soot in the pool that the mesh does not filter out. I jury rigged the filter basket with some 1/8 inch cotton backing material that my wife found at Hobby Lobby. This catches most of the fine particles.
I ordered some of this and plan on lining the basket with it. I noticed they have the current basket on Amazon, I may buy an extra. Would be so easy for them to use fiber mesh.

40" x 80" Nylon Filtration 250 Mesh Water Oil Industrial Filter Cloth Amazon.com

Fine filter! Bought the 250 mesh at Amazon, used gorilla glue. PITA, but looks pretty good. I had purchased a 2nd regular filter (180 mesh) from Amazon so I could use my old one to experiment with. Have not run out yet, giving it 24 hours to cure good. I exacto-ed out the old mesh, beaded the gorilla, then spread out with a Q-tip.

Attachments

• PXL_20230906_002335557.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230906_002335557.MP.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Fine filter! Bought the 250 mesh at Amazon, used gorilla glue. PITA, but looks pretty good. I had purchased a 2nd regular filter (180 mesh) from Amazon so I could use my old one to experiment with. Have not run out yet, giving it 24 hours to cure good. I exacto-ed out the old mesh, beaded the gorilla, then spread out with a Q-tip.

Please let us know how it works

It's a shame after spending all that money for the seagull pro that the owners have to improve the filter basket to catch the fine particles.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finer is better at catching silt, but really restricts flow. I turned this upside down to let the water drain, since the mesh was holding the water in. I could barely feel water from the top jets, so it wasn't picking up as well as normal. This is probably why they haven't released a fine basket. My corded Aquabot has no problem with 250 mesh. Hopefully their engineers will figure out a finer mesh with better flow properties.

Attachments

• PXL_20230906_235303156.jpg
    PXL_20230906_235303156.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: HermanTX
Finer is better at catching silt, but really restricts flow. I turned this upside down to let the water drain, since the mesh was holding the water in. I could barely feel water from the top jets, so it wasn't picking up as well as normal. This is probably why they haven't released a fine basket. My corded Aquabot has no problem with 250 mesh. Hopefully their engineers will figure out a finer mesh with better flow properties.
The 3/16 felt backing material that I got from hobby lobby seems to be working fine for me. Aiper needs to come out with a pleated type filter that does not restrict water but catches fine particles.

Reactions: tcat
Have had the Seagull Pro for a few months - today when I went to charge it I noticed the wheels - attached pic - is this normal - also when I touched the wheels - I could feel small bits of rubber coming off....any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2549.jpg
    IMG_2549.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 40
Have had the Seagull Pro for a few months - today when I went to charge it I noticed the wheels - attached pic - is this normal - also when I touched the wheels - I could feel small bits of rubber coming off....any thoughts?
Mine look the same. I noticed it early on and have been watching it since. I have not noticed it getting any worse

Reactions: iamtexmax
Welp, I bought my Seagull pro and it was in April (delivered in May) and it worked swimmingly until this weekend (~4 months)-- with very mild use of no more than once per week! On Saturday I went to put it in to clean up some wind blown debris (small amount, but was going to let it scrub the walls too) and it would not power up with the dial switch. Nothing happened. So then I wondered if I forgot to charge it, and connected the charger.... which started flashing red but continued to do so for 24 hours. I unplugged and replugged the charger and then it started flashing green.... which is then also did for 24 either. After both attempts to charge the dial was completely dead once the charger was removed.

On the bright side I was able to reach someone pretty quickly on the Aiper support number and filed a ticket, and support is supposed to get back to me within 3 days.... This will be my first interaction with the support and I'll update on how this goes. 😞

Reactions: Newdude
Welp, I bought my Seagull pro and it was in April (delivered in May) and it worked swimmingly until this weekend (~4 months)-- with very mild use of no more than once per week! On Saturday I went to put it in to clean up some wind blown debris (small amount, but was going to let it scrub the walls too) and it would not power up with the dial switch. Nothing happened. So then I wondered if I forgot to charge it, and connected the charger.... which started flashing red but continued to do so for 24 hours. I unplugged and replugged the charger and then it started flashing green.... which is then also did for 24 either. After both attempts to charge the dial was completely dead once the charger was removed.

On the bright side I was able to reach someone pretty quickly on the Aiper support number and filed a ticket, and support is supposed to get back to me within 3 days.... This will be my first interaction with the support and I'll update on how this goes. 😞
Please post with updates...

Reactions: CajunCoding
I’ve been looking at getting one of these, the Seagull pro. This is quite a long thread now, how many units are reviewed and of those, how many have had issues that result in repair or replacement? Of all the units discussed here there seems to be a high failure rate.

At first look I thought the charge point may be an issue with leaks.
It seams the dial has high a potential of failure.
It doesn’t really do walls that well although I’m not really fussed with that.
It potentially doesn't filter fine enough. This would be an issue for me as I have some dust like dirt that settles and needs vacuming. Does anyone know how fine it filters to? Better or worse then a sand filter?

Of all the units discussed here there seems to be a high failure rate.
This gets me too. Happy customers rarely make themselves known but upset customers usually do. So we expect more problems than accolades. But we've watched XX people buy them and of that sample size, have a large failure rate.

This isn't that we met 15 people with defects of the 2 million sold. It's that 30 members bought them and 15 failed. (I didn't count, #s made up for example)

I’ve been looking at getting one of these, the Seagull pro. This is quite a long thread now, how many units are reviewed and of those, how many have had issues that result in repair or replacement? Of all the units discussed here there seems to be a high failure rate.

At first look I thought the charge point may be an issue with leaks.
It seams the dial has high a potential of failure.
It doesn’t really do walls that well although I’m not really fussed with that.
It potentially doesn't filter fine enough. This would be an issue for me as I have some dust like dirt that settles and needs vacuming. Does anyone know how fine it filters to? Better or worse then a sand filter?
I have the same problem with fine dirt which I believe is soot from truck diesel engines (my rear yard butts against a well traveled roadway). The filter basket does not catch these fine particles but I worked around it by lining the inside of the filter basket with 3/16 inch felt backing material that I got from hobby lobby. Other than that, the seagull pro has worked great, cleans my whole pool on a single charge. I only do the floors since the walls never get dirty. I love the convenience of not have a cord attached and I can use the pool while seagull is operating. The unit is a bit heavy getting it out of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support