Aiper Seagull Pro Review

Must be much harder to seal a battery and the smarts, the reason for lower reliability. Was sure hoping this one would work out. Back to my reliable Aquabot...

Replacing it or just moving on from Aiper? Did you go through 2 or 3?
As long as they keep replacing it, I'll keep trying it. I'll be on my 3rd. I really like how it does my pool and really want them to get it worked out.

Edit: this is promising:
"Please use the attached shipping label to send the machine back to us. Then I will arrange one of our newly produced Seagull Pro to you, it will have a better performance."

I'm very happy with customer service response.

Last edited:
As long as they keep replacing it, I'll keep trying it. I'll be on my 3rd. I really like how it does my pool and really want them to get it worked out.

Edit: this is promising:
"Please use the attached shipping label to send the machine back to us. Then I will arrange one of our newly produced Seagull Pro to you, it will have a better performance."

I'm very happy with customer service response.
Interesting…probably firmware updates…but yeah hopefully better sealing for you.

I wonder if there is anything water related that could cause it to maybe lose its seal? You don’t have an army of back swimmers dismantling it when you aren’t looking do you? 😂

Interesting…probably firmware updates…but yeah hopefully better sealing for you.

I wonder if there is anything water related that could cause it to maybe lose its seal? You don’t have an army of back swimmers dismantling it when you aren’t looking do you? 😂
Nothing odd. Just me in the pool normally. Normal salt level. I do keep CYA near 60, so FC is a bit higher than they recommend, nothing that should eat any gaskets. I don't leave it in the pool. Hopefully just a QC issue at their end. Me playing with tire diameter shouldn't effect the guts.

It has over 1600 reviews on Amazon, so they're selling pretty good, with 4 star rating so far.

Reactions: CajunCoding
I do keep CYA near 60, so FC is a bit higher than they recommend, nothing that should eat any gaskets
I'm still in new pool learning and fearful so I run cya @70 and run the fc "hot" at 10+. I have been running the seagull pretty much daily whether the pool needs it or not as an initial "stress test" so I'm thinking it must be qc related issues some of these are suffering from. I am still pleased with operation (*staying out of auto mode) and in the cautiously optimistic camp.

So the refund I requested for mine has not happened. What did happen is another Seagull Pro magically appearing on my doorstep two days after I asked for my refund. I haven't opened it yet. Not sure if I will or if I'll just send it back. The outer shipping box has been used more than once by the look of the partially torn off labels. I'll think on it for a couple more days before deciding.

So the refund I requested for mine has not happened. What did happen is another Seagull Pro magically appearing on my doorstep two days after I asked for my refund. I haven't opened it yet. Not sure if I will or if I'll just send it back. The outer shipping box has been used more than once by the look of the partially torn off labels. I'll think on it for a couple more days before deciding.
They are good at resending battered outer boxes! Good thing the inner box has good foam! If you're in your 30 days and really don't want it, you should be able to get a refund (especially if bought through Amazon). Not sure if they're worth it without the fine filter that they don't have yet. I'm hoping to get a good one and will wait for a better filter.

They are good at resending battered outer boxes! Good thing the inner box has good foam! If you're in your 30 days and really don't want it, you should be able to get a refund (especially if bought through Amazon). Not sure if they're worth it without the fine filter that they don't have yet. I'm hoping to get a good one and will wait for a better filter.
I do like that they're recycling the outer boxes. Decided I'll open it up and try it over the long weekend to see how it does. I ordered directly from Aiper and I'm right at the 30 day mark from my original order. If they hadn't taken 20 days to actually ship my replacement.... we will see what happens if this one fails. Also interestingly enough, they shipped the replacement from a New Jersey warehouse the same day I called to request a refund.

I do like the cleaner for a first release and anticipated non-perfection. I expect the next versions will be better. Very much want the finer filter also and hope they make it available.

If this one doesn't perform, I'll sent it back for a refund. I don't need waterline scrubbing with my liner pool but for something that only works well on the floors, there's far cheaper options out there.

Reactions: tcat
I do like that they're recycling the outer boxes. Decided I'll open it up and try it over the long weekend to see how it does. I ordered directly from Aiper and I'm right at the 30 day mark from my original order. If they hadn't taken 20 days to actually ship my replacement.... we will see what happens if this one fails. Also interestingly enough, they shipped the replacement from a New Jersey warehouse the same day I called to request a refund.

I do like the cleaner for a first release and anticipated non-perfection. I expect the next versions will be better. Very much want the finer filter also and hope they make it available.

If this one doesn't perform, I'll sent it back for a refund. I don't need waterline scrubbing with my liner pool but for something that only works well on the floors, there's far cheaper options out there.
What's nice about waterline scrubbing is it gets leaves and bugs that tend to cling to the wall. I never thought I needed it or even walls, but I got quite a bit of stuff in the basket just from a walls only run.

Reactions: CajunCoding

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I previously had a Dolphin SE which stopped working after around 3 years. I saw these wireless models by Aiper and thought I would give them a try. I first tried the Aiper Elite pro for about a month and all together I was happy, I probably would not have returned it if the new model was not released. There were three things I did not like about the elite pro 1) It was too light, it did not sink well and it would not stay contacted with the ground 2) the foam wheel was wearing quickly on my pebble flooring and 3) I didn't really like the bottom closure for getting to the debris bag. Enter the Seagull Pro!!!!

I just received my new Seagull pro today. It is currently charging but I noticed a few things in comparison to the Elite pro immediately.
1) Much heavier and more similar in weight to the Dolphin
2) The power supply is probably 4 time larger than the elite pro, it is big.
3) The plastic quality seems improved
4) The basket reminds me of the Dolphin but it only comes with the fine mesh basket inserts however in the manual it appears you can buy others if needed
5) Just an item to note but the instructions have directions for replacing some of the wear components, this is good as it appears they should make those available.

Once it is charged I will continue this review but so far so good. Here are some pictures

.View attachment 482452View attachment 482453View attachment 482457View attachment 482458View attachment 482459View attachment 482460View attachment 482461View attachment 482462View attachment 482463
Thanks for posting! I wonder if you still like it, now 3 years later?

What's nice about waterline scrubbing is it gets leaves and bugs that tend to cling to the wall. I never thought I needed it or even walls, but I got quite a bit of stuff in the basket just from a walls only run.
Any more feedback? I believe you went through several returns and perhaps were getting one from the new "batch"?

Any more feedback? I believe you went through several returns and perhaps were getting one from the new "batch"?
They received my return a week ago, no shipping info yet. Not sure if returns have set them back a while. Will certainly give feedback when I get it.

I've been pretty happy with mine. One problem I have started to have that might require a return is that the knob has become extremely difficult to turn to turn it on. So far I always manage to turn it but it seems like it requires just the right touch like how some keys get stuck and you have to fiddle with it to get it to turn in the lock. Anyone else had that problem?

I've been pretty happy with mine. One problem I have started to have that might require a return is that the knob has become extremely difficult to turn to turn it on. So far I always manage to turn it but it seems like it requires just the right touch like how some keys get stuck and you have to fiddle with it to get it to turn in the lock. Anyone else had that problem?
Not had that problem, but that knob sure could have been done with a touchpad! Still waiting on my 3rd replacement. They sent me confirmation it was delivered, but it was the delivery before I shipped it back 🤣. I think they're having a hard time keeping up with the returns. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out.

Hey all! This has been a fantastic thread. I'm am debating between the Seagull Pro and the Polaris Freedom.

The freedom has the extra bells and whistles with the wi-fi connectivity, that frankly I don't think I need and don't work when the unit is submerged anyway. It is also almost double the price... so there is that as well.

My biggest question is this... I have a fairly large 'L' shaped pool. I don't know the dimensions exactly, but I know that it comes to just over 33,000 gallons. I'm seeing that you are having better luck running floors separately from walls, but do you think that these have the run-time to sufficiently clean a pool that size, or am I going to be looking at 2 or 3 or 4 times before I get a decent clean?

I've never owned a robot before, so I don't have anything to compare it to. But a corded version just won't work very well with my layout.

Thanks!

Due to battery limitations I think that with either of the two cordless models you’ll have to run 2-3 times to get a really good clean.

I have a fairly standard older Grecian pool. With the shape and different wall slopes, I have to run 2-3 times and brush a bit to get a decent clean. I don’t mind that with the quick charging times.

It’s really going to come down to personal preference. I loved the cleaning performance and extended run times I could set with my old Aquabot. It could run continuously. What I hated was the 75 foot cord. Wrangling that thing was a nightmare.

Finally got my shipping notice on my 3rd replacement! While my Aquabot works great (and it's reliable), and I've trimmed the cord down to 35', I still hate the cord! Swivel works great, just ugly sitting on the deck and pita to store. Hoping 3rd times a charm for Aiper, otherwise 3 strikes they're out.

Hi @tcat ... I'm having the same issue you were having with it getting stuck on the main drain. I just ordered those white tire additions from Amazon that you recommended. Did you just trim off the inside lip on one side and slide them on?
Yes, trimmed off inside lip. You'll have a hard time finding a glue that sticks them together, otherwise they slide off. I've tried a couple, both surfaces act like silicone (nothing sticks). I've tried 3M 5200 (seems best), and Gorilla waterproof caulk (not so good). If you find something that works, let me know. I just got my replacement back today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support