Aiper Scuba S1 Review

It would be nice if there was a good comparison page on their website. I'm trying to figure out the difference between the Scuba S1 Pro and N1 Pro. And if it's worth getting the Pro over the standard. Looks like the Pro have more motors. Is that worth spending an extra few hundred? I have no idea.
I agree. Understand now the difference between the S and N but what about standard over pro? Is it just the extra power?

It’s an extra $135 off of the $899.99 sale price for the S1 PRO
It’s an extra $84 off of the $559.99 sale price for the S1.
Thanks. That’s pretty much what I paid for the S-1. And $358 for the Betta SE-Plus. Makes for a great Mothers Day gift, lololllol. Hope I can get away with that. It’s beats flowers.

Reactions: HermanTX
I just purchased the Aiper S1 (standard) for $476 using the ASAP15 code plus the sale existing on the website.
I selected it because i want the track drive system and I have a simple sports pool that is 4ft to 5.5ft to 4ft so no major incline. However it is a free-form kidney shaped pool so be interested to see how it handles that.
I already have the Betta SE Plus doing the skimming so I have now a top and bottom robots working.
Who would have thought that a year ago totally against robots because of their cords and now have 2 cordless units.

I agree. Understand now the difference between the S and N but what about standard over pro? Is it just the extra power?
I think the main differences are the pro has an extra set of brushes and a fine mesh filter. It also has the ability to scrub the waterline sideways. The standard version might do that too but I know it only has 1 set of brushes and does not have a fine mesh filter, which is a separate filter that slots in on the pro version. I ordered the Pro version the other day. Hopefully it ships soon and I can test it out and report back. Will be my first robot cleaner. Also have a new Betta SE standard waiting on the sidelines for when I take the cover off for the season. Could do it now but working on a pest issue at the moment.

I just purchased the Aiper S1 (standard) for $476 using the ASAP15 code plus the sale existing on the website.
I selected it because i want the track drive system and I have a simple sports pool that is 4ft to 5.5ft to 4ft so no major incline. However it is a free-form kidney shaped pool so be interested to see how it handles that.
I already have the Betta SE Plus doing the skimming so I have now a top and bottom robots working.
Who would have thought that a year ago totally against robots because of their cords and now have 2 cordless units.
I have both of them as well. Bye, bye suction side robot with 40+ feet of hose. Funny how the manual says not to run more than one device at a time. Why not? Especially if your S-1 is in floor mode.
Anyway, I can’t imagine having to backwash my filter more than once a season between both of these robots taking care of most of the debris.

I have the same 2 machines. Wonder why they say not to use more than one robot at the same time. Why not? One’s on the bottom and the other is on the top. I guess if the S-1 is on wall mode and happens to be coming up to the tile line at the exact same time and location as the Betta is gliding by, there could be a mild collision at 1 mph. 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’ll take my chances as both are well built to handle that confrontation.

I run my S1 pretty much every day. It easy. I drop it in the pool and then I fish it out with a dedicated pole and hook. I plug it in to charge. I clean the filter every few days to a week, depending on how dirty the pool is.

The unit is cheap enough what I treat it like a tool and not part of the family.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am still waiting for Aiper to send me a return label (for my Seagull) since Wednesday. Anyone have experience on how long it takes to get the label and for the return process. I want to order the Scuba S1 but I am also worried about how they process refunds. I originally ordered my Seagull through Amazon using some CC points so I don’t want to jump the gun ordering the Scuba.

I am still waiting for Aiper to send me a return label (for my Seagull) since Wednesday. Anyone have experience on how long it takes to get the label and for the return process. I want to order the Scuba S1 but I am also worried about how they process refunds. I originally ordered my Seagull through Amazon using some CC points so I don’t want to jump the gun ordering the Scuba.
I ordered the Scuba and Surfer from Aiper at the same time. Scuba was received 3 days later but the Surfer is on back order until June so they offered to cancel that part of the order. Took about 3 days for the credit to appear on my card. Funny thing is the Surfer is available on Amazon with 2 day delivery while it’s over a month wait thru Aiper. Anyway, Based on the Betta SE Plus comments on this site, I ordered that one instead and it was almost $70 less than the Surfer. Just got it yesterday so will be testing it out today.

Last edited:
Could someone who has returned their Aiper for warranty and received a refund advise on how they provided the refund? My Seagull was sent back today and I want to get the scuba ordered but I am afraid their refund will end up being a store credit or something crazy.

My Betta SE Plus is doing a great job so far. Navigating around the corners, steps & swim-out smoothly. I like it.
Now for the Scuba S-1. I’ve been running it in the floor only mode for the last week and it’s been doing an excellent job. Put it on the wall only made today and discovered a major issue. When doing the walls in the shallow end, there’s a 90 degree angle going up the wall from the floor som when it comes back down to the floor, it backs up about 2’ on the flat floor turns right, then left and then climbs up the next section of wall, etc., etc. HOWEVER, when it gets to the inclined section and the deep section and comes back down the wall, it’s not on a flat bottom any longer but on the concave section of the hopper. So, when it backs up 2’, it’s now on a steep incline and can’t stop itself so it slides all the way down to the bitten and then gets disoriented and misses huge sections of the wall. So, it does all the wall area in the shallow end but only about 25% of the walls in the deep end. Not sure if I’m describing it properly but my pool is rectangular and goes from 3.5’ to 8’ so the hopper walls from the floor to the side walls is steep and the S-1 can’t adhere to the surface and slides to the bottom. Is Anyone with a deep pool having this same issue? I plan on calling Aiper but doubt I can properly explain it to their rep. Guess I’ll have to send a video and ask if another model would work better. I still love it so I might have to brush the sides once a week. 🤷🏻‍♂️

My Betta SE Plus is doing a great job so far. Navigating around the corners, steps & swim-out smoothly. I like it.
Now for the Scuba S-1. I’ve been running it in the floor only mode for the last week and it’s been doing an excellent job. Put it on the wall only made today and discovered a major issue. When doing the walls in the shallow end, there’s a 90 degree angle going up the wall from the floor som when it comes back down to the floor, it backs up about 2’ on the flat floor turns right, then left and then climbs up the next section of wall, etc., etc. HOWEVER, when it gets to the inclined section and the deep section and comes back down the wall, it’s not on a flat bottom any longer but on the concave section of the hopper. So, when it backs up 2’, it’s now on a steep incline and can’t stop itself so it slides all the way down to the bitten and then gets disoriented and misses huge sections of the wall. So, it does all the wall area in the shallow end but only about 25% of the walls in the deep end. Not sure if I’m describing it properly but my pool is rectangular and goes from 3.5’ to 8’ so the hopper walls from the floor to the side walls is steep and the S-1 can’t adhere to the surface and slides to the bottom. Is Anyone with a deep pool having this same issue? I plan on calling Aiper but doubt I can properly explain it to their rep. Guess I’ll have to send a video and ask if another model would work better. I still love it so I might have to brush the sides once a week. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thanks for sharing. I am still waiting on my S-1 but I do not have such a deep end but do have a free form pool so interested in how it will navigate it. I think you explained it well but a video will always help the tech support.

Thanks for sharing. I am still waiting on my S-1 but I do not have such a deep end but do have a free form pool so interested in how it will navigate it. I think you explained it well but a video will always help the tech support.
I tried sending them a video but it isn’t gi 5eu. The message says that it’s over 25mb and can’t be sent. Can a techie walk me thru how to compress a 1+ minute video so I can e-mail it? I’m using an i-phone 15.

I tried sending them a video but it isn’t gi 5eu. The message says that it’s over 25mb and can’t be sent. Can a techie walk me thru how to compress a 1+ minute video so I can e-mail it? I’m using an i-phone 15.
Do as we do on this site. Post the video on YouTube and then send them the link.

I plan to get the s1 this week and have a rectangular pool, 3.5 - 8' as well.

I'll run it in wall mode and report back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support