Aiper Scuba S1 Review

So after relentless social media ads I purchased the Scuba S1 two weeks ago. Bought it from Walmart for $550 and got the three year warranty.
Do you have any experience with how well AllState will honor the warranty?
What do they promise to do?
Is it a money back refund or something else?

I'm curious, since it has a 2 year warranty, does the 3 year make it 5 total? Aiper is good about 30 day money back (I'm sure Walmart is too), and they're good about repairs. No clue about Allstate.

I saw a video where it will go onto Baja shelfs/stairs/etc.

Does anyone have any real world experience with this? Thank you.

Is it a money back refund or something

How’s it working for you? I just put mine in the water for the first time yesterday. Wasn’t pleased with how it handled my steep incline from an 8’ deep end to a 3.5’ shallow end. The deep-end has a flat section but then has concave “walls” leading up to the upper pool walls on 3 sides. The floor mode couldn’t handle those sections as it identified them as walls so I had to wait for the walls mode to clean that big area along with the 90 degree 3.5’ walls. Wasn’t happy but I decided to let it learn my pool.
Day 2 was so much better. I think it started to figure it out, as did I. It covered over 90% of the floors and about 70% of the walls. It ran for 3 hours solid and, what it missed the first time around, it got to later on.
My pool is 20x40 so it takes time to get it all. Next time I’m going to put it in and not watch it. Check in every once in a while but just look at the end result.
Ran for a full 3 hours again today and the recharge took about 2 hours.
Still have 2 weeks to decide. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mine arrived today and it’s charging. One question I have is turning it on and selecting the different modes. The instructions don’t make jt clear when the unit itself will tell me if I selected wall, floor or eco. They give a very poor illustration. Does the actual unit give a clear indication?
Update: all good. Figured it out

Last edited:
Mine arrived today and it’s charging. One question I have is turning it on and selecting the different modes. The instructions don’t make jt clear when the unit itself will tell me if I selected wall, floor or eco. They give a very poor illustration. Does the actual unit give a clear indication?
Update: all good. Figured it out
I will be real interested on how it performs in a free form pool. That is what I have, but mine is a sports pool with 4 ft on either side and only 5.5 ft in the middle. Keep us updated.

Did you purchase direct from Aiper or other reseller?

I will be real interested on how it performs in a free form pool. That is what I have, but mine is a sports pool with 4 ft on either side and only 5.5 ft in the middle. Keep us updated.

I purchased direct from Ailer. Paid $475 using their disc code. I ran it last night and it worked great. Initial impression is very positive. Went from 6’ end to 3’ end without issue. Also dealt with the curved floor/walls just fine.

I used code ASAP which was right on their website.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So after relentless social media ads I purchased the Scuba S1 two weeks ago. Bought it from Walmart for $550 and got the three year warranty. I was coming from a Polaris 280 that I hated. Was always replacing parts, untangling hoses, or just looking confused at it as it did nothing useful. I have a kidney shaped pool with a 9ft deep end and a 5-7ft tall sun ledge so my hopes were not super high, it seems like majority of these robots work best in rectangular pools. I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised, it’s far from perfect but 2 weeks in it’s looking like a keeper.
Pros:
- cleans the area it hits very well
- charges fast, runs for 2.5-3hrs
- pool has much less dust than with the Polaris just using the stock filter.
- will crawl all the way out my deep end
- will scrub the water line a decent amount

Cons:
- given the shape of my pool it doesn’t hit everything with one run, two runs will usually get most everything, haven’t really dialed in where to start to for the most efficient run.
- no smart navigation or mapping that I can tell
- hook takes a bit of practice especially when it stops in the deep end
- Charging port cover doesn’t seem super durable
- you do have to rememeber to charge it, take it in and out of pool.

I work from home so I will run it in the morning, charge it at lunch run again in the evening if needed. Mostly use the floor only mode. I expect taking it out of the pool when not in use will extend its life. Got two more weeks that I can return but so far so good. As you can see in n the photo it missed a decent strip after its first run, after the second run pool was in good shape.View attachment 569412View attachment 569413View attachment 569414View attachment 569415View attachment 569416
I have had a similar experience to yours. Opened my pool a few days ago and used my new Scuba S-1 for the very first time. I also noticed how it acted confused and there didn’t seem to be a pattern that I could detect. It also had a problem climbing up the steep incline from my 8’ deep end to the 3.5” shallow end.
The floor mode is pretty much for the flat bottom areas of my pool and it avoids the concave walls in the hopper of the deep end up to the bottom of the 90 degree side walls. It does those all in wall mode.
On day 2, it was like it learned my pool. It did the floors from side wall to side wall and, when it got ,to the steep incline, it continued to go back and forth like it did the floors and cleaned the entire incline going side to side. In wall mode, it did the 90 degree walls plus the concave sides of the hopper. When it got to the flat surface, it reversed itself and continued up the concave and 90 degree walls.
My only issues are the stairs and swim out where it gets into those areas and gets “stuck,” but works itself out.
All in all, I’m happy enough to keep it. I still have my suction side cleaner for backup and for very heavy cleaning but that will be once in a while. I’m now waiting for my Surfer S-1 skimmer as that’s the one that will be running every day for many hours as I hate seeing a single leaf or other debris floating on the surface. Now I’ll just let the Surfer do its thing.
FYI. - I’ve used it 3 times so far and it ran for a full 3 hours each time. The recharge took about 2 hours.
My advice, just put it in the pool and don’t fixate on watching it. At the end of the 2+ hours, your pool should be clean. Good luck with it.

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 17
I used code ASAP which was right on their website.
It was ASAP15. I bought a combo Surfer and Scuba package and it came to approx $840 with the discount. Seems like if you bought one ever day, the price would be different each time. Wonder what they do with the ones people send back within the 30 day period? Re-package and sell as new?

Reactions: HermanTX
It was ASAP15. I bought a combo Surfer and Scuba package and it came to approx $840 with the discount. Seems like if you bought one ever day, the price would be different each time. Wonder what they do with the ones people send back within the 30 day period? Re-package and sell as new?
Yes, ASAP15. I couldn’t remember. I originally looked last Monday and it was gonna be $503, then I decided to pull the trigger Tuesday and it was $475

I have used it on TV’s before, super easy, I sent pics of clouding on some areas of my tv, they sent me a gift card for the purchase price and I got to keep the old tv. I figure by year three if it lasts that long something will be enough wrong with it to put in a claim and get a new one.

Reactions: JayZed
There seem to be other packages as well.
Here is one for the Scuba S1 with the new Pilot H2 handheld vacuum that I’m interested in.
Scuba S1 plus Pilot H2

I went looking for reviews of their handheld vacuum, and the only only one I could find was for last year’s model and it wasn’t very good.
Old vacuum

However, they seem to have re-engineered it and addressed some of the faults as far as I can tell.
It seems to be more powerful, last longer and also got rid of the annoying mesh sock.
Pilot H2

Since the Scuba S1 doesn’t have any way of directly controlling it and telling it to get to the one spot it missed, I would think that such a handheld vacuum would be of some use.
(I guess I could also wait for the Scuba S1 Pro to come out, but it appears to be too expensive for the additional remote capability and whatever other improvements there might be).

I imagine that the Pilot H2 is too new for anyone else to have experience with it.
I have seen other vacuums for sale on Amazon, in particular ones that have names with a variant of Pool Blaster.

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I was wondering if anyone else is using these handheld vacuums before I consider it and buy the package deal from Aiper?

I have their old vacuum and I dont like it. It does not roll smoothly on a pebble surface and it makes it very difficult to use.

Dont know if the new model fixes that issue. If you buy it start a new thread and report back.

Reactions: JayZed
I have their old vacuum and I dont like it. It does not roll smoothly on a pebble surface and it makes it very difficult to use.

Dont know if the new model fixes that issue. If you buy it start a new thread and report back.
Thanks for the feedback, I will certainly start a new thread if I purchase one.
My pool is vinyl, so I don’t think I would have the same problems as you.

Reactions: Everett_88
There seem to be other packages as well.
Here is one for the Scuba S1 with the new Pilot H2 handheld vacuum that I’m interested in.
Scuba S1 plus Pilot H2

I went looking for reviews of their handheld vacuum, and the only only one I could find was for last year’s model and it wasn’t very good.
Old vacuum

However, they seem to have re-engineered it and addressed some of the faults as far as I can tell.
It seems to be more powerful, last longer and also got rid of the annoying mesh sock.
Pilot H2

Since the Scuba S1 doesn’t have any way of directly controlling it and telling it to get to the one spot it missed, I would think that such a handheld vacuum would be of some use.
(I guess I could also wait for the Scuba S1 Pro to come out, but it appears to be too expensive for the additional remote capability and whatever other improvements there might be).

I imagine that the Pilot H2 is too new for anyone else to have experience with it.
I have seen other vacuums for sale on Amazon, in particular ones that have names with a variant of Pool Blaster.

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I was wondering if anyone else is using these handheld vacuums before I consider it and buy the package deal from Aiper?
I’d think that anything Aiper related is good for this thread. After all, every time they come out with new product, I’m sure everyone would be interested in feedback.

Reactions: Newdude
I got word they have 250um filters for the Seagull Pro, not sure about the S1. If you email them they'll send you an invoice ($29) and ship one to you. Eagerly awaiting!

Reactions: JC707 and HermanTX
I got word they have 250um filters for the Seagull Pro, not sure about the S1. If you email them they'll send you an invoice ($29) and ship one to you. Eagerly awaiting!
Just called customer service. They don’t have an ultra fine filter for the Scuba (yet). I’ve noticed that the fine silt isn’t trapped inside the filter. The floor looks clean after the scuba does its job but the next morning I see the same amount of silt on the floor again so I guess it’s just settles back down overnight.
That Skimmer looks very similar to Bettabot SE Plus (which is very good).
how long have you had the Betta SE Plus and are you happy with it. My Surfer thru Aioer is still on back order and they told me it won’t be available for ant least another month BUT Amazon has them in stock for delivery in 2 days. I told that to customer service and they offered to cancel my order so I can get it a moth sooner with Amazon. That was very accommodating. So my question is, the Betta SE Plus on Amazon is about $80 than the Surfer so is it worth it other than having a matching set?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support