Aiper Scuba S1 Review

I just chatted with aiper online support and my order has not yet shipped. No ETA but I was told not to worry :rolleyes:

edit: earlier this morning (Wednesday) I received email it has shipped and will be delivered Thursday.

I just chatted with aiper online support and my order has not yet shipped. No ETA but I was told not to worry :rolleyes:

edit: earlier this morning (Wednesday) I received email it has shipped and will be delivered Thursday.
Let us know how you like it. I just got mine but not opening the pool until Saturday. I’m anxious to see if it can climb up a steep incline from my 8.5’ deep end to the 3.5’ shallow end. Pool is 20x40 so hoping it’s not too steep an angle. Apparently the scuba uses a lower suction pressure when doing floors vs walls and it will be in floor mode when going up the incline. Fingers crossed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Let us know how you like it. I just got mine but not opening the pool until Saturday. I’m anxious to see if it can climb up a steep incline from my 8.5’ deep end to the 3.5’ shallow end. Pool is 20x40 so hoping it’s not too steep an angle. Apparently the scuba uses a lower suction pressure when doing floors vs walls and it will be in floor mode when going up the incline. Fingers crossed. 🤷🏻‍♂️
"Lower suction" really? Shouldn't have anything to do with drive motors. Should do ramps with no problem.

Reactions: HermanTX
It arrived today. I charged it and sent it for a swim a little over an hour ago. I went with the wall, then floor mode.

So far it has spent a bit too much time in the deep end and very little time in the shallow end.

It arrived today. I charged it and sent it for a swim a little over an hour ago. I went with the wall, then floor mode.

So far it has spent a bit too much time in the deep end and very little time in the shallow end.
How long does the S1 run just doing the floor? My Seagull spends more time in the deep, but does hit the whole pool (3 hour cycle).

How long does the S1 run just doing the floor? My Seagull spends more time in the deep, but does hit the whole pool (3 hour cycle).
First run I used the mode where it does walls for the first 50% of battery, then the floor.

Most of the cleaning was done in the deep end. It only made a pass or two through the shallow end. Basket was full when I pulled it out for a recharge.

Tomorrow I'll use floor-only mode.

I need to come up with an easy way to clean the basket.

Edit: it recharged by 11pm so it's in for a night clean.

Last edited:
Reactions: piezon and HermanTX

Curious what's hard about cleaning the basket? What's that dome thing on the lid, does it remove? I just dump my Seagull basket without hosing it half the time.

I tend to be over meticulous when cleaning the basket, but you might be on to something.

Hosing it to get it completely clean is not the best experience.

Turn it upside down scoop out the big stuff and be done with it. I might just need to lighten up.

I tend to be over meticulous when cleaning the basket, but you might be on to something.

Turn it upside down scoop out the big stuff and be done with it. I might just need to lighten up.
I'm tempted to throw a little Fiber-Clear in it to see if it collects finer dust (I use it in my DE filter). Waiting on their fine filter release!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

It's kind of clogged with fine debris.

I'm going to let it air dry while recharging. That should allow more to shake out

The Seagull Pro is on sale cheaper than the S1. They both seem to have the same specs. If I were buying today, I'd probably buy the S1 because I hate the Pro knob. No clue if any coupons work with the 48 hour sale.

1000006241.png

First run I used the mode where it does walls for the first 50% of battery, then the floor.

Most of the cleaning was done in the deep end. It only made a pass or two through the shallow end. Basket was full when I pulled it out for a recharge.

Tomorrow I'll use floor-only mode.

How deep is your deep end? Did it have any trouble climbing up to the shallow end? Could that be why it spent most of the time in your deep end?

about seven feet. Once it finds its way into the deep end, it isn't easily heading back to the shallow end.

I also have three drains in the deep end with safety covers that it bounces around on.

I also have a bit of debris for it to clear so the basket gets full. That could be contributing. I'll see how it goes over the weekend.

TBH, if today was my deadline for a return it would be boxed up.

Just saw a post on an Aiper Scuba S-1 ad in FB stating that if you have a pool with a decent slope, teh robot will just wander aimlessly until the battery dies. Your slope sounds steep. Guess the Seagull Pro has more power?
Seems the Pro does 130gpm vs S1 70gpm flow rate. So my Pro "sucks" more. I can't image the S1 not going up any slope, the drive motors are certainly powerful enough since it climbs walls. Mine does "act like" it doesn't, sometimes it gets halfway up and backs up, or spins 400 degrees, or slowly turns away from the shallow end. But other times it goes straight to the shallow end. If I have leaves everywhere, it will get all but 1 or 2 in it's 3 hour cycle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240427-101800.png
    Screenshot_20240427-101800.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240427-100911.png
    Screenshot_20240427-100911.png
    290.5 KB · Views: 7
Seems the Pro does 130gpm vs S1 70gpm flow rate. So my Pro "sucks" more. I can't image the S1 not going up any slope, the drive motors are certainly powerful enough since it climbs walls. Mine does "act like" it doesn't, sometimes it gets halfway up and backs up, or spins 400 degrees, or slowly turns away from the shallow end. But other times it goes straight to the shallow end. If I have leaves everywhere, it will get all but 1 or 2 in it's 3 hour cycle.
It’s interesting that the older Seagull model has twice the flow rate of the newer Scuba one, although the older model was the original Pro top-of-the-line. The new top of the line Scuba S1 Pro has a 100 GPM flow rate (see attached screenshot).

The Scuba S1 can flow more than one gallon per second. I’m trying to visualize that; is any more than that really needed?

Also, does anyone know how these flow rates compared to other robotic pool cleaners?

Attachments

• IMG_2549.jpeg
    IMG_2549.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 2
It’s interesting that the older Seagull model has twice the flow rate of the newer Scuba one, although the older model was the original Pro top-of-the-line. The new top of the line Scuba S1 Pro has a 100 GPM flow rate (see attached screenshot).

The Scuba S1 can flow more than one gallon per second. I’m trying to visualize that; is any more than that really needed?

Also, does anyone know how these flow rates compared to other robotic pool cleaners?
The Dolphins I looked at are 4000 per hour = 66. I think the Pro spec may be bogus. I would think the stronger the suction, the more resistance to move (but the better vacuuming).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support