Aiper Scuba S1 Review

Anything below $500 is good, as long as you buy a 2 or 3 year warranty. Had lots of issues with my Seagull Pro at first, but going strong for a year now. I sure like the buttons on the Scuba better than my dial; will likely go for the Scuba when this dies.

Reactions: HermanTX
Anything below $500 is good, as long as you buy a 2 or 3 year warranty. Had lots of issues with my Seagull Pro at first, but going strong for a year now. I sure like the buttons on the Scuba better than my dial; will likely go for the Scuba when this dies.
Scuba S1 or N1 in the $500-$600 range or wait for the Scuba N1 Pro for $1000. Decisions Decisions.

Every time I go to the website, it shows the sale has an hour and a half until it ends. 🙃

I applied the ASAP15 to the current sale ($120 off) for the Aiper Scuba S1 (not the pro) - it knock off an additional $87. So price originally was $700 now $493. I think this is only a 24 hr sale.
Same for me to get that price.
I'm going to try to get by another year with my Polaris 9550. I found a local facebook sale of one that needed a new motor for $50 that has the all the parts I need in good shape so I'm going to go that way this season and see how the longevity of the Aiper holds up.

Interesting review of the S1:

Kind of glad I got the Seagull Pro last year.
Thanks for sharing. I was trying to figure out the difference of the Scuba S1 vs the Seagull Pro and the Aiper website only shows 3 points and both bots are identical. So there has to be something different that they do not want to share.

Thanks for sharing. I was trying to figure out the difference of the Scuba S1 vs the Seagull Pro and the Aiper website only shows 3 points and both bots are identical. So there has to be something different that they do not want to share.
On paper the S1 seems the way to go. But everyone's pool is different, and I'm sure results are different. That's what the ability to return is for! The S1 controls are 100% better than the Seagull. I have no problem with the Seagull basket (other than not fine enough), it seldom misses a leaf. I had to modify the rear wheels so it wouldn't get stuck on drains, maybe the tracks on the S1 eliminate that issue. I really don't know how these places stay in business with all the returns they must get.

So a couple of points about that review.

1. The basket is slightly difficult to clean. I have no comparison against the seagull pro. But I dont clean the basket every time. But it they made it easier it would be better.

2. In auto mode it cleans the walls first, and floor second, I believe the article describes it as the inverse. Auto mode is pretty much not amazing.

3. In floor mode it gets everything in my pool. Every time.

So a couple of points about that review.

1. The basket is slightly difficult to clean. I have no comparison against the seagull pro. But I dont clean the basket every time. But it they made it easier it would be better.

2. In auto mode it cleans the walls first, and floor second, I believe the article describes it as the inverse. Auto mode is pretty much not amazing.

3. In floor mode it gets everything in my pool. Every time.
+1

FIrst time pool owner here. I just ordered one. Wanted it on hand when my pool is opened.
I ordered through Amazon and received 115.00 off using coupon code usadeala

My pool is opening May 9 but ordered now to get the discount will have two weeks before the 30 day return window expires.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Could you tie a piece of rope to the handle and the other end to a small piece of pool noodle or something? That way you can stand along the edge and as it crawls past you, you can yank it out. I doubt the small piece of noodle would interfere with the Betta.
I realize it’s a different situation but I chuckled at adding a “cord” to the “cordless” robot.

that code worked today for me.

thank you.

rolling the dice on a robot...
Thanks for the code. I ordered a combo of the scuba S-1 robot and the new Surfer S-1 solar/cordless skimmer. I got a small discount on buying multiple items plus the 15% off. Found out that even though Amazon has some of the skimmers in stock, Aiper doesn’t and isn’t expecting them until mid—late May.
That’s when all the flowering trees are shedding their petals into my pool. Hmmmm.
Anyway, hoping that the many positive comments on the Scuba S-1 will make me a happy owner of one.
Can some of you who recently purchased their Scuba thru Aiper tell me how long it took before it arrived? Thanks

Same for me to get that price.
I'm going to try to get by another year with my Polaris 9550. I found a local facebook sale of one that needed a new motor for $50 that has the all the parts I need in good shape so I'm going to go that way this season and see how the longevity of the Aiper holds up.
Herman, please post when you receive your Scuba s-1. Thnx

Thanks for the code. I ordered a combo of the scuba S-1 robot and the new Surfer S-1 solar/cordless skimmer. I got a small discount on buying multiple items plus the 15% off. Found out that even though Amazon has some of the skimmers in stock, Aiper doesn’t and isn’t expecting them until mid—late May.
That’s when all the flowering trees are shedding their petals into my pool. Hmmmm.
Anyway, hoping that the many positive comments on the Scuba S-1 will make me a happy owner of one.
Can some of you who recently purchased their Scuba thru Aiper tell me how long it took before it arrived? Thanks
That Skimmer looks very similar to Bettabot SE Plus (which is very good).

That Skimmer looks very similar to Bettabot SE Plus (which is very good
I hope so. I’m used to buying something on Amazon followed by an immediate acknowledgemet from them along with a “track your order,” and then the delivery a few days later. Aiper seems to take a lot longer to even confirm that the purchase actually took place but it was on my credit card statement within an hour, lol
Sure hope I don’t regret not buying it thru Amazon but I did save $150 off of Amazon’s price for the 2 units.

I ordered it Sunday. I have yet to get a tracking number or delivery date.
I ordered mine yesterday and just rec’d an e-mail saying my scuba s-1 was shipped today and will be arriving tomorrow. Now that’s impressive.
The Surfer s-1 skimmer is on back order and will hopefully be arriving by mid May. I got a “chat message” from Aiper indicating it would be early May. 🙏

I ordered mine yesterday and just rec’d an e-mail saying my scuba s-1 was shipped today and will be arriving tomorrow. Now that’s impressive.
The Surfer s-1 skimmer is on back order and will hopefully be arriving by mid May. I got a “chat message” from Aiper indicating it would be early May. 🙏

I just chatted with aiper online support and my order has not yet shipped. No ETA but I was told not to worry :rolleyes:

edit: earlier this morning (Wednesday) I received email it has shipped and will be delivered Thursday.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support