Greensboro NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-35
Pool has been open about a week and a half - been in Liquid Chlorine SLAM the whole time. I've now passed and am ready to remove the copper/mineral system from previous owner and install a CircuPool Core35.

I have a threaded 1.5 to 2 inch pvc adapter that I'll put into the sand filter head. That will run 2in SCH40 which will go into the Core35 input union. I have a 2in to 1.5 threaded bushing that I'm planning on gluing directly into the output union. I know this output union will need to be replaced if I hard plumb in the future. Since this is an AG pool and for ease, I'm planning on reusing the hose connection to the return and as a result, the entire weight of the system will be borne by the sand filter MPV head. I may hard plumb the whole thing when I winterize or run out of other projects to do but assume the piping noted will be used.

Anyone have experience with using strapping (etc) to support a SWG or similar device? Support the pipe or the unit itself?

For the data hawks that saw I self determined my SLAM was done...

PH 7.5
FC 12 (less than 1 ppm FC loss overnight for last 2 nights)
CC 0
Alk 110
CH 100
CYA 30 (I will be raising this once I get the SWG installed; had been liquid chlorine during SLAM)
Crystal clear no dead or live algae in sight.

As an aside, needed to put DE in sand filter to prevent the dead algae from blowing back into pool. I will do a deep clean on the filter when I'm taking off the old mineral system

And started up today. Added 1 bag less than pool math had suggested so we'll see how it performs. I'm not going to miss carting out my pint or quart of LC every day. Was surprised to see bubbles after the cell - I guess thats it actually working!

Reactions: Newdude
Yup! teeny eenie bubbles from your returns are the salt cell working!
Kevin Dillon Win GIF

I'm not going to miss carting out my pint or quart of LC every day.
2 TFP friends took a long time to convince. Both PM'd me about 3 days into the switch :

Friend 1 : 'SWGs are BORING'

Friend 2 : 'What are me and my dog supposed to do every morning with no bleach to add?'

We talk about SWGs being so magical but the magic is the boredom they create when you just aren't needed 9 times out of 10. Then you're low key sad about it. :ROFLMAO: