A slight "shock"

Now that it seems the shock issue is resolved, we have been cleaning the pool. We had changed covers the last time we covered it and it used water bags. Well, it came a hail storm a couple months ago and busted them all which allowed the cover to fall in and everything that was on it. Now we have this green sludge everywhere in the deep end. So bad that the robot has to be taken out every 1-2 minutes and cleaned. I feel like I’m getting nowhere. How stupid of an idea would it be to drain all of the water, get in and clean the Crud out of the pool, then refill? The chemicals in the pool are very limited at the moment.
I’d use a regular pool vacuum. To waste if fill water isn’t an issue.

Reactions: jimmythegreek
Today my wife was vacuuming as normal, not to waste. Do you think getting that Crud in my filter is going to be an issue? We will vacuum to waste from now on. I cannot believe I forgot that. I guess because it’s been a few years since doing this stuff...lol

Last edited:
I have a few more questions. If I need to move these to a different forum, just let me know. When the contractor replaced the coping, there is a ton of old mortar and new mortar in the pool. The old mortar are big chunks which I'll likely have to get in the pool to get them out. But the new mortar seems to be stuck to the liner. Is the liner ruined or is there a good way to get it out? And my second question is, we have a ton of leaves (currently waiting on the leaf net to come in that I ordered through the site here) in the deep end of the pool. We have been vacuuming to waste and after the last backwash, neither skimmer is sucking. I have backwashed and rinsed the filter several times. The pressure is where it has normally been running. I get nothing at the skimmers. Any ideas?

Concrete is going down today. We swam in it all weekend with no shocks from my wife or daughter or my daughter's little buddy. It's been a long journey but we are finally in the closing stages.

Now my next thing is to find a new auto pool cleaner. Ours took a dump during this last cleaning process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.