A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

Ok I really like that design now that I can see it from the top view. I love your small yard if I lived in the center of town I would love to have a place like that! My wife is a country girl and hates being in town and I am more of the in town type so we have kind of a happy medium right now...

Marla! That is such a pretty house and area! SO peaceful! I LOVE the colors! SO classy!

So tell the story on the house-----Do you have a pic of it when you moved in? YOU had the addition built 25 yrs ago? I bet that was a mess to live through.........why did you build the addition?

I am guessing you will only move out of the house in a "pine box" as we say around here (morbid but funny to me).

Kim (who LOVES to hear life stories!)

Kim, the main reason we added on is that the original house was only a 2 br 1 bath house. With 2 boys we needed more space and we couldn't afford to buy a bigger house in this same neighborhood.

I will have to look for pics of it when we moved in 1981.

Marla- sorry for being MIA
I still love the design with the fire pit attached by the tanning ledge! The raised design is nice, but I think at that size it would make the pool look smaller than it is.
I LOVE YOUR OUTDOOR SPACE! So so pretty! You obviously have a green thumb!

Thanks Denise! I don't know about the green thumb part, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to gardening. It it do like plants and trees (even though we are cutting one down).

In the pic that shows the French doors, the plant in the foreground is a variegated lemon tree that produces pink lemons. I would like to plant that in the area by the pool, if possible. Once the tree is gone I will check on the amount of sun in that area. The fire pit is north, just for reference. Someone asked earlier (Suz?) but can't remember who.

Kim, seems that way! We like it, too, so PB 2 will have to knock it out of the park for us to change our minds. I am hoping I'll hear from him soon. I am curious what he comes up with. That company draws everything by hand and doesn't use a computer program, like Pool Studio.

I have to say I like that he came back out to look at the yard again...seems as if he has some ideas. They will be fun to see.

Kim

I also consider this a positive thing. At least you know he is willing to come back as much as necessary to get a decent bid. Maybe that will also translate to lots of attention when the pool is being built... Maybe not but that at least is what I associate it with. When we got bids none of them came out twice unless it was to do a pressure sale.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Denise! I don't know about the green thumb part, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to gardening. It it do like plants and trees (even though we are cutting one down).

In the pic that shows the French doors, the plant in the foreground is a variegated lemon tree that produces pink lemons. I would like to plant that in the area by the pool, if possible. Once the tree is gone I will check on the amount of sun in that area. The fire pit is north, just for reference. Someone asked earlier (Suz?) but can't remember who.

No, it wasn't me asking about the fire pit.

I have more to say (of course!!), but technology is giving me fits tonight.

I MUST ask??? A variegated lemon tree that produces pink lemons?!!!!! Oh, oh, oh - I HAVE to have one of those! I've never heard of those. Have you gotten pink lemons yet? Where did you get it??? Do the lemons taste good? This is so exciting!! Well, your pool design is, too. But pink lemons?!

Thanks for giving me a new plant to research!
Suz.

Wow! Pink lemons for Pink lemonade!!

No, it wasn't me asking about the fire pit.

I have more to say (of course!!), but technology is giving me fits tonight.

I MUST ask??? A variegated lemon tree that produces pink lemons?!!!!! Oh, oh, oh - I HAVE to have one of those! I've never heard of those. Have you gotten pink lemons yet? Where did you get it??? Do the lemons taste good? This is so exciting!! Well, your pool design is, too. But pink lemons?!

Thanks for giving me a new plant to research!
Suz.

Suz, I thought that might get your attention! LOL! Yes last year was the first time I got lemons, although I think I may have picked them too early. They are a bit sweeter than regular lemons, but mainly they just look cool! The fruit peel is kinda striped-green and yellow. The leaves are also variegated.

The plant came from Buchanans Nursery in The Heights. I think it may have the tag still on it so I will take a pic and send it to you or post it here if anyone else is interested.

Kim, yes the inside is pink. I'm not sure if I'm going to have any this year. I moved the pot and I think it may not get as much sun as it did. Although I may have some in my freezer....

Suz, here is the tag, but it doesn't tell you much. Planting directions were on the back so that doesn't help either.

Thanks Marla and Kim! Ya'll know I love learning about plants! Looking at those pictures made my mouth water!!

Meyer lemons (the kind I have) are a cross between lemons and oranges. That's why they get so big. If you leave them on the tree long enough, they will get an orange glow to the peel.

So I'm wondering if these variegated pink lemons are crossed with pink grapefruits?

Thanks so much for the info!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.