A country boy's pool build...Dean, Texas

Did they charge you much extra for that? I like that idea too. I think I'd rather look down and see something more natural looking on a ledge, but still have the pretty blue that the aqua gives in the rest of the pool.

Did they charge you much extra for that? I like that idea too. I think I'd rather look down and see something more natural looking on a ledge, but still have the pretty blue that the aqua gives in the rest of the pool.

My PB didn't charge me any extra. Hopefully it will look good once we get the water nice and clear. Like I said, whatever makes the wife happy.

I did some searches on using skimmer socks, but was curious if its worth it. My pool will get a lot of dust and small debris in it being I am located in the country. Are they invaluable and if so where is the cheapest place to get them?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wish I had pics to show what I went through the last 24 hours.
Yesterday one of the start up guys showed up to get everything fired up. Long story short, last night at about 9pm he left and we never could get the epump to communicate with the aqualink. Me, sweating that the pool might be a swamp in the next day or two before this can be resolved, decided to take matters into my own hands last night.
- Checked water and had zero chlorine and PH was way up there as in way over 8 I'm sure.
- Found an old above ground pump I had and started putting connections together and stringing extension cord.
- Just so happened to have about 8 feet of flexible 2" hose that I cut in 2 pieces.
- Got suction side in water and pressure side aimed over coping. Priming above ground pump is a b*tch.
- Got it cranked up with full flow just to cycle the water constantly.
- Put about 30 ounces of muriatic acid in stream to bring PH down. Put trichlor pucks in and gallon of bleach.
- 11pm I proceed to sweep walls and floor to help mix things up. Let pump run full blast all night.
- Wake up and test about 6:45 this morning and FC is at 8 and the PH is at 7.4
- Left for work and continued to let pump run full blast.
- Noon, the PB calls me and says pump replaced and everything running and communicating.
- He thanked me for all the effort to keep the water stable.

Disaster averted. Glad I'm a TFP member. Dear Lord thank you for the clear water, Amen.

Beautiful! Congratulations! I love the table. I have never seen that done before. The tanning ledge looks nice with the sand color. Glad you were able to keep your water under control until they fixed the problem with your pump.

Beautiful! Congratulations! I love the table. I have never seen that done before. The tanning ledge looks nice with the sand color. Glad you were able to keep your water under control until they fixed the problem with your pump.

My PB was on top of it and stayed till dark trying to get it operating, so I thought it was the least I could do to try to save the water.

Wish I had pics to show what I went through the last 24 hours.
Yesterday one of the start up guys showed up to get everything fired up. Long story short, last night at about 9pm he left and we never could get the epump to communicate with the aqualink. Me, sweating that the pool might be a swamp in the next day or two before this can be resolved, decided to take matters into my own hands last night.
- Checked water and had zero chlorine and PH was way up there as in way over 8 I'm sure.
- Found an old above ground pump I had and started putting connections together and stringing extension cord.
- Just so happened to have about 8 feet of flexible 2" hose that I cut in 2 pieces.
- Got suction side in water and pressure side aimed over coping. Priming above ground pump is a b*tch.
- Got it cranked up with full flow just to cycle the water constantly.
- Put about 30 ounces of muriatic acid in stream to bring PH down. Put trichlor pucks in and gallon of bleach.
- 11pm I proceed to sweep walls and floor to help mix things up. Let pump run full blast all night.
- Wake up and test about 6:45 this morning and FC is at 8 and the PH is at 7.4
- Left for work and continued to let pump run full blast.
- Noon, the PB calls me and says pump replaced and everything running and communicating.
- He thanked me for all the effort to keep the water stable.

Disaster averted. Glad I'm a TFP member. Dear Lord thank you for the clear water, Amen.

WOW! I could feel the pressure you must have been feeling while that was going on!

So why did you just happen to have a pump around?

Good job being on here at TFP so much and BEFORE you even got your pool. It sure paid off!

Clay that is such a pretty pool. I would LOVE to have a pic of the kid going down the slide!

Kim

Nice job. I probably would have just dumped and swished or jumped in.

WOW! I could feel the pressure you must have been feeling while that was going on!

So why did you just happen to have a pump around?

Good job being on here at TFP so much and BEFORE you even got your pool. It sure paid off!

Clay that is such a pretty pool. I would LOVE to have a pic of the kid going down the slide!

Kim

I had an above ground pool years ago, and just happened to have kept 2 pumps in my shop. Lifesaver. I will try to get some pics of the kids this weekend. Raining tonight and tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

It's beautiful! Good job on getting a pump going! What are the dimensions of your tanning ledge? Looks similar to what ours will be. I just want it big enough for one chaise lounger!

Its not too big. Just big enough for two chairs or one lounger. I didn't want it to eat up much of the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

love it! the table idea is awesome!

Thanks. That is where I plan on spending most of my weekends watching the children.

Nice job. I probably would have just dumped and swished or jumped in.

Thought about dumping lots of chemicals, drinking a cold one, and going to bed. Something made me work though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.