New and Just Starting

Stubborn pool :( is my guess.

I see that there is less white stuff on top of the water. Now hopefully we will be able to see the color get lighter each day. THIS is why the pics are SO important so you can see the slight changes in color.

How often are you able to test and add bleach?

Kim

Today only a few times but yesterday after noon I tested every hour to 2 hours. Only dropped 3 at most. Last I checked was 9 pm and it was 16. It was slightly a bright green after brushing was the only color change since Monday afternoon when I started with the bleach,

I'd take the filter apart & give it a good cleaning. It sure won't hurt.

What's the current pressure of the filter?

If you fill a large clear bottle (2 liter pop bottle or large vase) with pool water can you see the cloudiness. If so get another sample from your return line & compare.

20150621_185048.jpg

I think I found the problem. All of the sand...every bit of it was covered in algae. Got it all out and scrubbed the inside with bleach. Before I fill sand back should i fill half way with bleach and water?

Edit:
Wife on her way with new sand.

Well, that is where all the bad stuff ends up. I've always had earth filters so I'm not sure how bad that is. Make sure you use the correct type of sand. I'd still add some DE after changing the sand. It might help prevent the remaining algae from penetrating deep into the sand so more of it gets flushed out during backwashing. Can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Make sure to backwash and rinse your new sand right after you put it and the water in the filter.

Use care when putting the sand in the filter. Put a cup or something over the pipe so sand cannot go down it.

Fill the filter halfway up with water and add sand a little at a time to protect the laterals.

Good call on the new sand. I guess you could have bleached it GOOD and used it again but...........new is better.

Kim

Well I didn't drain the water so when I pulled multiport the laterals came with it. So I lost most on the ground and the way it looked I just figured it be better. It sat for about 2 1/2 years with water in it.

I youtube it. Did as you described. My PSI is now at 13 which is a 3 psi boost clean. It actually needed to be backwashed this morning which is the first time since Friday. While the water looks the same it maybe filtering better now.

Ok, so I got home. Zero change what so ever. Got my FC back up.

What am I missing? Ive been brushing vacuuming. Ive done the skimmer sock. I have added the DE. I have changed the sand. Im at a loss with this whole process. Ive seen to many threads on here where by now I should be able to at least see a cloudy bottom by now. This is really defeating 12 days straight like a 2nd job out here, something has to give. I must be doing something wrong.

Yes after new saND it's now coming out dirty again. Wasn't as of Friday but now it's been needing backwashing. It could be the problem just a day didn't do it much good.

I just poured an extra bottle of bleach in higher than poolcalculator.com told me. The white film on top was instantly turning grey and disappearing into an oily looking film. So maybe it's killing something now. Fresh vacuum and brushing gonna test before I go to bed and hope for a change in the morning. Need it ready for the 5th if it's not gonna have to give in and shut it down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.