Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Blue Surf Pebble Sheen color

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

NEW Blue Surf Pebble Sheen color

Pebble Sheen has a new color. I don't know how long it's been out, but I just saw it on the PebbleTec website. It's called Blue Surf. I had heard they had Tahoe Blue from their Pebble Tec line available (but unannounced) on the Sheen line of colors. So I thought maybe this was it but with a different name. But the Blue Surf Pebble Sheen looks nothing like the Tahoe Blue (or Blue Tahoe, whatever....) in the Pebble Tec line.

I haven't yet found any pictures of pools with the new Blue Surf color.

You're hearing it first, here on TFP. Well, it's relatively new News.

Here's a link to a photo of the dry stone sample. Suz.

And here is the link to the updated PebbleTec website page.

http://www.pebbletec.com/products/pe...lor=black-onyx
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NEW Blue Surf Pebble Sheen color

Looks like the Blue Granite aggregate with a lighter plaster as binder.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

I was surprised it looked lighter than aqua blue on the website. To me it looks like aqua blue with some if the black pebbles replaced with more sand colored pebbles.
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Right! I'm curious about it. So far, I haven't seen a Sheen pool that I love. I've only seen Blue Granite and Aqua Blue. I decided I wanted to avoid the salt and pepper pebbles. I've been asking around to see a French Grey. This new one may be a perfect compromise - if it's available. If I remember, I'm going to call Pebble Tec tomorrow. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

Suz, you are going to make yourself crazy!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I didn't put out that new Pebble color yesterday! And you're too late; I'm already crazy! Suz.

7. Back To Top    #7

I was fearful of that.

However, you seem pretty likeable and fun to me! Probably the joker at every party
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    I was fearful of that.

However, you seem pretty likeable and fun to me! Probably the joker at every party
    Back in the day! I'm afraid those days are gone.....

9. Back To Top    #9

I actually was comparing my brochure I have and they removed the color "Black Satin" from their lineup. I am wondering what that new color looks like. We wanted a blue pool but I kinda wished the tanning ledge looked like sand. I know some people have done two colors to achieve this but frankly I didn't want to go through the trouble. I wish I could see a pool with the new color and tanning ledge to see what it looks like at 5' and 12". We right now are scheduled for Aqua Blue.
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

I called Pebble Tec (1-800-937-5058) to ask them about the new Blue Surf (is it available now; can they send any pictures of pools or of it in water - surely they test the color somewhere; and is this color an upgrade?). I had to leave a message. I don't know if they hadn't opened yet or just busy. I'll check to see which time zone they're in and call back. Take care. Suz.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Progress on the Hunt for Blue Surf: I spoke with the PebbleTec regional sales rep for Texas. Super nice guy! He is going to check on pictures for us and will get back to me either later this afternoon or tomorrow morning. He said their test pools are near the PebbleTec headquarters around Scottsdale. We both agreed someone, somewhere has pictures of this new Sheen.

The word is that Blue Surf is similar to the Aqua Blue but a tad bit darker and more on the blue side than the Aqua Blue. As far as he knows, the color is available now, but he will double check that. The sales reps were told it would be available when the new color was released which was yesterday. As far as samples go (the little triangular stones), he heard they have them at the headquarters but are waiting for the stickers that go on the back to come in. I told him that I'd take one without the sticker!!!! (he had a great sense of humor).

Next week he is coming to Houston and is hoping headquarters will go ahead and send him some 'stickerless' samples to bring to Houston! This must be the color meant for my pool! I feel it in my bones!!! I hope; maybe; possibly; we'll see!

I'll let you know when I hear something. Suz.

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Blue Smurf was very popular in the 80's.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Blue Smurf was very popular in the 80's.
    Oh great! Thanks a lot, Bmoreswim! Now this color is ruined for me!

You're right, it does look 'smurfie'. Sighhhhh. Maybe it looks better with 20K gallons of water over it!!! Suz.

14. Back To Top    #14

Blue Smurf?

TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by SuzfromTexas View Post
    Progress on the Hunt for Blue Surf: I spoke with the PebbleTec regional sales rep for Texas. Super nice guy! He is going to check on pictures for us and will get back to me either later this afternoon or tomorrow morning. He said their test pools are near the PebbleTec headquarters around Scottsdale. We both agreed someone, somewhere has pictures of this new Sheen.

The word is that Blue Surf is similar to the Aqua Blue but a tad bit darker and more on the blue side than the Aqua Blue. As far as he knows, the color is available now, but he will double check that. The sales reps were told it would be available when the new color was released which was yesterday. As far as samples go (the little triangular stones), he heard they have them at the headquarters but are waiting for the stickers that go on the back to come in. I told him that I'd take one without the sticker!!!! (he had a great sense of humor).

Next week he is coming to Houston and is hoping headquarters will go ahead and send him some 'stickerless' samples to bring to Houston! This must be the color meant for my pool! I feel it in my bones!!! I hope; maybe; possibly; we'll see!

I'll let you know when I hear something. Suz.
    Wow that is what I wanted too!!!! I thought the Aqua Blue was a little light and the Blue Granite I didn't like all the black but if this is in between I would probably love it. Tell him to bring me some samples to Austin!

16. Back To Top    #16

Blue Smurf?

LOL
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Blue Smurf?

You guys think you're sooooooo funny.... Now I'm going to get this new color just to spite ya'll!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    LOL

Same goes for you!!!!!

18. Back To Top    #18

We'll swim in your smurfy blue pool, we ain't scared!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    We'll swim in your smurfy blue pool, we ain't scared!

I dare anyone brave enough, anytime!!! Smurfs Rule! Suz.

20. Back To Top    #20

TFP Guide

In truth Suz is Gargamel in disguise. She's going to build a Smurf Blue pool to lure her little blue friends in and then capture them! What she'll do next I'm not sure...but if they're lucky she'll serve them smurfberries and blue Gatorade!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast