Leak in the liner

Toomchfun

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I have leak in the liner. I'm not sure where because I can't see the bottom. Lost about 1/2" of water overnight. I can see a stream water coming out at the low point in the pool. What should I do to repair it?

Get a snorkel set and spend an hour or so looking, chances are you will find it. Unless you mean you can't see it because of cloudy/dirty/green water, in that case get it cleaned up first. A half inch isn't too too bad - while you are cleaning it - it will still need a patch. I lose more than that via evap on hot days.

Last edited:
You will have to pinpoint the leak and drain to repair most likely. They sell vinyl repair kits.

You never have to drain to repair holes in the liner.

Toomuchfun, Clear the pool up and then find the hole. That is your only option. Check all of your seams first and then scour the bottom by swimming the length of the pool back and forth until found.

I am not sure. Imagine either would work as a patch should be the same material. It would be your call. Did you pinpoint the leak? I imagine a patch would be easier to get than a piece of liner.

- - - Updated - - -

I did not know that Casey, thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.