Water numbers

edibower

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Phoenix,AZ
First off thanks for all the info that this forum and website provides......its a must for every pool owner.....

I have been using the TFP guidelines since last Sept. when I found out I had to drain the pool because of the stupid pucks (out of site CYA reading) and pool store guidance I was using.......since then with the guidance of this website the pool chemistry has been great using the Taylor 2006 test kit...........providing crystal clear water.....
I have a simple question really as to where the numbers should be for the chemical readings.....specifically the CYA (I am aware of the chlorine chart ratio to CYA and thats why I am asking) and TA readings...... below are the complete chemical readings as of today.......I thought I would ask now since this will be the first full summer using liquid Chlorine....a subnote - I noticed since I have been keeping the PH in 7.4-7.6 range I haven't been getting as much calcium build up on the tile as I have in the past.......(the tile was cleaned last Sept. with the pool drain)

Thanks again for all the guidance

FC-6.0
CC- 0
PH- 7.6
TA- 70
CH- 320
CYA- 35

My understanding was they were the same test kit since they both provide the (FAS-DPD) chlorine test. If not my misunderstanding......in answer to your question I am using the Taylor 2006 with (FAS-DPD) chlorine test.

So you are in Phoenix? Please add that to your location (City, State or City, Country) in your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

The K-2006 and the TF-100 are not the same ... they have most of the same tests, but they are different kits.

I would suggest you raise your CYA up to 50ppm and leave the TA alone.

While both kits use Taylor reagents they are different in that the provide differing amounts. The K2006 (which I also have) is geared to a commercial pool and we have too much of some reagents and really not enough of others. The TF100 is geared to residential pools and the amounts of reagents are geared to what we use.

Your numbers look good to me, with the exception of CYA. There is no 35 on the tube, and as the test is not linear you can't say half way between 30 & 40 is 35.

I agree with Jason, in your sunny climate a little more "sunscreen" for the CYA is called for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.