Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa leak

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa leak

My attached spa has begun leaking down to pool level overnight when the pump is off. This happened some years ago my PB replaced what I think was a check valve. Is this what I'm needing?

Flapper ***'bly.jpg

Thanks in advance!
    32 x 15 15500 gal. IG gunite, 6 ft. round attached spa, diamond brite 2 plaster, flagstone coping w/concrete spray deck, IntelliChlor IC-40 SWG, 2 hp Max-E-Pro pump, 450 sq.ft. System 3 cartridge filter, 400k Max-E-Therm NG heater, automation is IntelliTouch i7+3, Polaris 280 pressure side cleaner,
    TS 100, Borax

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Spa leak

That is similar to the check valve mine uses. Only way to know is to compare the pic to what you have @ your equipment pad. best to look for branding as well...so you know 100% they match.

if you drain the spa into the pool, you can pull the valve guts and have a look-see at the seal.

looking through the site-glass top can you tell that the valve is closed?
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
    That is similar to the check valve mine uses. Only way to know is to compare the pic to what you have @ your equipment pad. best to look for branding as well...so you know 100% they match.

if you drain the spa into the pool, you can pull the valve guts and have a look-see at the seal.

looking through the site-glass top can you tell that the valve is closed?
    My valve is just above the ground and easy to get to. I shouldn't have to drain the spa to change the valve, huh? Or is there more to this than I see?
    Can't tell for sure that it is closed, but almost certain this was the culprit before.

Thanks.
    32 x 15 15500 gal. IG gunite, 6 ft. round attached spa, diamond brite 2 plaster, flagstone coping w/concrete spray deck, IntelliChlor IC-40 SWG, 2 hp Max-E-Pro pump, 450 sq.ft. System 3 cartridge filter, 400k Max-E-Therm NG heater, automation is IntelliTouch i7+3, Polaris 280 pressure side cleaner,
    TS 100, Borax

4. Back To Top    #4

I had the same problem and installed a spring check valve on the spa return line. Works great.