Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it possible to plumb for a pool heater during construction and install later?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it possible to plumb for a pool heater during construction and install later?

I'm not sure well need a pool heater or not. Can I plumb for it now and make my decision to install down the road?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it possible to plumb for a pool heater during construction and install later?

Sure!

Just have them build/design the pad and plumbing for a future heater install in mind.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is it possible to plumb for a pool heater during construction and install later?

Yes, make sure you have the plumbing designed so you can easily splice into the plumbing and add the heater in the proper location. You will want any type of chlorine feed system to be the last piece of equipment before the water returns to the pool and the heater gets installed just before that. Leave room on the pad for the heater. If you plan on a gas heater, plumb the gas line now as you will need it and that would be a big cost to add on later.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Yep just have them loops the pipes in the area where the heater will sit later. The when ready, cut the loop out and plumb into heater.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

Besides just plumbing make sure you get any electrical pre-wired also if thats going to add benefit. We had our pool install pre-wired for a heater and plumbing easily in place to add it a year later. We though were bumping up against our max breaker box limits and breaker spaces so my only other advice is making sure you got all electrical stuff also in place and planned.
    18x30 Freeform In-ground Vinyl Lined. 11,500 gallons.
    4 returns, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains.
    Hayward TriStar 1hp 2-Speed Pump. Hayward S244T Filter.Hayward Goldline Panel + SWG.
    Polaris 280 cleaner. AquaComfort 75k BTU Heatpump
    TF-100