What did you do to your pool today?

Thankful for the extra swimming days! Normally they are few between this time of year. Pool was chilly (76-77) but warm enough to enjoy it. I brushed, vacuumed, fixed the floating steps, (by putting the sand in them like the directions said. They fell apart because someone stepped on the wrong place when they weren't secure), swam, and tested CL and PH after everyone was done swimming. Sent hubby to the store for bleach, he came home with linen scented, oops! Went back to store and got the correct stuff. Can use the scented for laundry.
Having our end of summer picnic tomorrow, before the kids start school Tuesday. Have been doing that for 11 years, since my oldest started kindergarten! Glad they will have good swimming weather!

Finished the fence and now just have to add a small brick landing area at the gate.
28e0fd581014d7602d70412cdb5b6269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading on how to test for borates with drops instead of using test strips I found out my borate level was down to 24. I picked up some boric acid last week and dumped in 25 pounds yesterday. After about 30 minutes and a little brushing the pool had a sparkle that was amazing. I thought the water was sparkly before, but after topping off with the boric acid, all I could think was that is how a pool should always look.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We had, probably the last warm summer day of this season so I spend my time in the pool. And tried to get little tin toy steam boat (pop-pop boat) to run...
The worst pop-pop boat ever. Dont try this at home, boats were harmed during this video! - YouTube
I better had stayed in the pool! :swim:

I've got a couple of those! Well, technically I bought them for my kids, but I have to run them for them. Mine came with little tin spoons that had little candles molded into them. Once the candles burned out I started using the alcohol fuel in a sterno heater. That works a lot better, and you don't have to mess with all the wax getting everywhere.

I've got a couple of those! Well, technically I bought them for my kids, but I have to run them for them. Mine came with little tin spoons that had little candles molded into them. Once the candles burned out I started using the alcohol fuel in a sterno heater. That works a lot better, and you don't have to mess with all the wax getting everywhere.

I have made a small alcohol burner, but that doesn't fit all my boats. I've got quite a few of them. The oldest is an American boat made somewhere between 1920 and 1930.

Now that you mention it, India does sound familiar. I like old engines. I saw an episode of pawn stars where they bought an old model steam locomotive. Another one had a John Deere hit and miss engine hooked to an ice cream maker. Cool stuff.

I wish I could take credit, but it was a happy accident. This is a light that was intended for my pond but I dropped it in the pool instead. I installed the blue filter, backwards. The light it coming through the edge of the filter as well as the center. So that must be where the extra color is coming from. I took some video of it but it's too dark to see. It really looks cool in real life. With the pump on, the colors dance like the northern lights. I really wish the video would have worked out.

One down side to such a clear pool... nothing for the light to bounce off of. I would love to see what it would look like if there was just a little 'dust' suspended in the water column. HHHMMMM.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support