What did you do to your pool today?

It's the beginning of the end of the season here too. Perhaps the end of the beginning of the end or maybe it's ended... Pool was still at 80 yesterday but we're looking at nightly lows in the 40s and 50s for the next 10 days. Time to definitely start thinking about closing...

I actually get depressed this time of year. I HATE FALL AND WINTER! Hubs finally got around to taking our corroded stainless steps out. I'm thinking it was the cause of my metal problem I've been battling. One of the handles was completely cemented in and he had to use a saw zaw. It's now that time of year I start fighting the oak leaves, acorns and constant pine straw until I can cover it. Swam yesterday while dipping leaves. The wind started blowing and I actually got cold. I live in ALABAMA - that shouldn't happen!

We got a spring reboot during the last few days; temp in mid 90s and brief thunderstorms.
Water temp had been down to 80 but has come back to 84 now.
This is the weather I live for in Texas.
Y'all are welcome to come on down south and set a spell for the extended swim season.

Watched it fill with rain. I need to SLAM it, sweep it, drain it and cover it this week end. It's going to bed.

Sad, sad Casey, but its not t far away here....

Summer is gone once again. :sad:

But hey, the fall bird season is underway, so that's been a good distraction to keep me busy. My pool has been pretty silent for a couple of weeks now sorry to report. Just maintaining the chems, adding water to it and doing minimum everything. Will likely heat it for one more swim day, and then cover it up till after the leaf fall. Thinking I'd like to see it this winter and find out how that goes. I know it will get dirty, but We got so tired of that ugly black cover all last year.

Oh no!! Did you try any of the famous fixes? Or was it in too long? Also, I was told by a Verizon rep that you can retroactively get oops! insurance for times when your phone decides to go for a swim. Maybe your carrier does the same?

Still sittin' in a baggie full of rice----I don't have much faith though. It was in long enough to get to the bottom, I missed grabbing it half way down, and ended up doing an unexpected chilly head plunge. Refreshing I mean!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Swam, scooped leaves and emptied the skimmer baskets. We will get one more good weekend this weekend thanks to the solar panels. After that who knows?

I am batting 500 on swimming phones this summer. One went in the skimmer basket and got fried and one went to the bottom and works great.

Phones used to be more resilient. My wife and I both had the little silver Samsung flip phones that were cool around '04. Our puppy chewed on mine, and my wife dropped hers in the toilet at least 3 times. Always worked with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a small rodent in my pump basket!! I'm still trying not to think of how it got there. (main drain still not covered) Leaves are starting to fall, so I'm scooping a couple time a day. Not that there are a lot, but even one or two are too many for me!! :)

Did the daily scooping of the leaves and vacuum the leaves off the floor today. We're keeping the pool heated for about another week or so and then will put away the solar cover to let the water temp come down. The girls just wanted to set a "record" this year for the latest anybody has swam in the season. Not sure if anybody has got our pool during October before, so they want to go for it. So far the Heat Pump is kicking butt keeping the water right now at 84° even with the low temps overnight so we're going to let them have their way. Finally got the first power bill too and was VERY pleased with the cost to run the pool the last month. YA for low power rates. :whoot::whoot::whoot::whoot:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support