Newbie from LA

Mar 26, 2015
houma, LA
hello all. Newbie here from LA. Last year we put up our Intex 24' pool. Everything was great until one side sunk and we ended up with a 5" difference from one side to the other. I took the pool down at the end of the summer, and I am planning on leveling the ground and using pavers to support the legs. My question is, can I till up the dirt, level it, then pack it down? will this give me a sufficient base for the pool? I have 6-8 weeks before I put the pool back up, would this give the dirt time to pack down solid with watering and tamping? any advice would be appreciated.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

We generally say it is best to dig down the high side to undisturbed dirt to level the site.

That said, if you have the equipment and know-how, you could pack the dirt down and it might be firm enough ... pools are very heavy.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

We generally say it is best to dig down the high side to undisturbed dirt to level the site.

That said, if you have the equipment and know-how, you could pack the dirt down and it might be firm enough ... pools are very heavy.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. If I remember correctly our pool is around 10,400 gallons which is around 86000 pounds. you're right about it being heavy. I've never leveled the ground before, and even after reading multiple write ups on it I'm still unsure of how to approach it. My first thought was to run a string level from one side to the other, measure to find the high side, dig it down to make it level, and then keep working it like that all the way around. I was just thinking the way I stated in my original post would be more time efficient. We just had baby number 5 a month ago, trying to close in the garage, and baseball and softball start in a week. so as you can see time is a precious commodity in our house lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.