Removed pool vacuum can I turn off valve?

EndlessSummerAZ

May 18, 2023
Phoenix
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Sorry guys, lots of dumb questions coming your way from me now. Complete pool newbie.

I’m following pebble manufacture start up guidelines. They say not to use a wheeled robot for 28 days. Well, start up company put it in. I took it out and the side port flap is now closed in the pool. I also closed the pipe labelled vacuum by the pump. Is that ok to do while the vacuum is out of the pool? Or should I have left it open?

Attachments

• image0.png
    image0.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 3
Sorry guys, lots of dumb questions coming your way from me now. Complete pool newbie.

I’m following pebble manufacture start up guidelines. They say not to use a wheeled robot for 28 days. Well, start up company put it in. I took it out and the side port flap is now closed in the pool. I also closed the pipe labelled vacuum by the pump. Is that ok to do while the vacuum is out of the pool? Or should I have left it open?
Many times, it's easier to close the vacuum port valve at the pad FIRST. Then remove the hose from the portand make sure the vac port cover in the pool is fully closed.

Leave the valve closed until you need to run the vacuum again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.