Bleach Prices 2015

Chicago western suburbs Great Escape still always has the 12.5% shock for $2.50 a gallon. That's my go too place since I live about 10 minutes from the store. Menards will beat it once in a while at $2.00/gal but I'm not sure how long that stuff has been sitting around.

I buy 12.5% at Lowes for 3.97 a gallon.

A buddy and I split a 12.5% 55 gallon drum 2 months ago, what we thought would be a savings ended up costing us.

the 12.5% degrades so quick its crazy. after two months of storage its now 4%

I'm now just buying 10-12.5% from local stores.

John

Wonder what brand lowes has that has 12.5% ? I've seen them have a brand in the pool section that is 10.0% for the exact price you're stating. Also, it seems as if this is not as potent as it should be- while it is in a shaded area- is it possible that temps here in the Arkansas sunbelt have degraded it? I've added quite a bit during a SLAM session this week it it seems like what I added to bring me to 20 ppm, always seems to bring me to 13 ppm just a couple of hours later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder what brand lowes has that has 12.5% ? I've seen them have a brand in the pool section that is 10.0% for the exact price you're stating. Also, it seems as if this is not as potent as it should be- while it is in a shaded area- is it possible that temps here in the Arkansas sunbelt have degraded it? I've added quite a bit during a SLAM session this week it it seems like what I added to bring me to 20 ppm, always seems to bring me to 13 ppm just a couple of hours later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow this link, it discussed Bleach decomp.

http://www.powellfab.com/technical_information/files/810.pdf

Lowes by me sells Kem-Tek
041596410040lg.jpg

[h=1]Kem-Tek 1-Gallon Liquid Pool Chlorine[/h] Item #: 450722 | Model #: 11009045391

$3.76

John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just went to Ocean State Job lots expecting to pay $2.99 for 12.5% gallons. The have a sale going on for $9.99 case of 4, so $2.50 each, not bad
Thanks, just picked up three cases at my OSJL store in Enfield CT. Been going there for three years and never seen it at $2.50 a gallon. Their everyday price is $2.99 a gallon.

pabeader said:
you did check the date code, right?
OSJL have a high turn-over rate, so it's alway fresh. In fact the brand that I got today, Diamond Clear Mega Shock, doesn't have a date code on either the case box nor on the bottles, but i know it's fresh, most likely within a week or two at most.

Thanks, just picked up three cases at my OSJL store in Enfield CT. Been going there for three years and never seen it at $2.50 a gallon. Their everyday price is $2.99 a gallon.

OSJL have a high turn-over rate, so it's alway fresh. In fact the brand that I got today, Diamond Clear Mega Shock, doesn't have a date code on either the case box nor on the bottles, but i know it's fresh, most likely within a week or two at most.
Just came home today with a case myself, "super shock" dated 7/23/15 on the bottles, East Haven, CT

Dom

Just came home today with a case myself, "super shock" dated 7/23/15 on the bottles, East Haven, CT

Dom
Dom
Where on the Bottle did you find the code? Ive had no luck finding it.

Like Laprjns I also feel they have high turn over and the stuff is fresh but finding the code would be nice.
They told me the sale price ends Thursday/tomorrow, but then said it could be extended???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.