Bleach Prices 2015

Just in Walmart. Top Job 96oz for $1. = .17/oz, not bad. Only 6% I assume (no labeling), but lots of it with various date codes. Picked 10 with the highest code (15-181?) Maybe July 2015? At least 6% doesn't degrade as fast in my 90 degree garage.

Edit: Glad I didn't buy much. Looking at their MSDS:
Chemical Name CAS No. Weight-%
Sodium hypochlorite 7681-52-9 1 - 5*

It has no color and very little smell, I'd guess 1%

Can anyone in DFW beat $0.29 per oz/chlorine? I've been around and Lowes is the best deal I've found ($3.78/128oz @ 10%).

I usually buy at Target $2.94 for 121 oz 8.25%. With the 5% RedCard discount, it's $2.79, about 28 cents/ounce.
Or Costco, a case of 3 for about $8.60, about 29 cents/ounce.

I always see the Kemtek at Lowes, but I won't buy it because it's stored outside, and the date code is always older than I can find at Target and Costco.

Dollar General has 121oz 8.25% "DG Home" bleach on sale this weekend for $2.75

If you visit Dollar General's website on your mobile device, you can find a mobile coupon for $5 off $25 or more, good for today (7/17).

With that combination, you can grab 10 jugs, and get out the door for < $25 tax included in most places.

I just got 10 jugs @ $24.69, for a $0.25/oz chlorine cost.

Screenshot the coupon, and if you have multiple DGs around, visit several. :)

I am a newbie here at TFP but have ran across a heck of deal on 10% Liquid Shock that I want to bring to your attention. Rural King has their 10% Liquid Shock 4 gallons for $7.99, yes you read that correctly. I've been using it since my SLAM began, and it works great. What they have on-line can only be bought at the store as sbcpool pointed out to me after I posted all the online info here lol. Tks sbcpool for bring it only being available it the store to my attention.

Apparently not all the Rural King's carry it at that price but if you have one close to you you might want to check your store's prices. Also I'm not sure if any stores who price match could/would be able to touch this price, or carry this brand, but that too may be worth checking into.
But anyway, that is the best price I've personally located in my area so far during this process, and throughout the years of owning my pool. I hope this info helps someone out. Have a wonderful day!!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry sbc for the misinformation on the shipping info. I have been buying all mine in-house, but when I saw that online I thought it was for anything online. I've been having an issue editing my posts for some reason they won't save so I lose the entire post but I will try to edit the shipping info from the post. If that doesn't work then I'll just ask someone to delete it completely because I don't want to steer anyone in the wrong direct thinking they can have it shipped.

sbcpool I got the incorrect info edited in my original post ,and said that it is only available in-store, and apparently not all RK stores have it for that same price. Thanks for pointing out the error to me.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Bleach Prices 2014

is this a sale at publix right now? i might have to run over there and stock up at that price.

128oz = gallon but 121oz is how most bleach is sold correct?

Dollar Tree - $1 per gallon Make sure you are buying the 1 gallon bottle. the smaller one is not full strength. So far every 1 gallon jug that I've tested has been 6% or better. Granted, I don't use much, just supplementing the SWG when the swimmer load is above normal. Or if I find a critter in the skimmer.

I am a newbie here at TFP but have ran across a heck of deal on 10% Liquid Shock that I want to bring to your attention. Rural King has their 10% Liquid Shock 4 gallons for $7.99, yes you read that correctly. I've been using it since my SLAM began, and it works great. What they have on-line can only be bought at the store as sbcpool pointed out to me after I posted all the online info here lol. Tks sbcpool for bring it only being available it the store to my attention.

Apparently not all the Rural King's carry it at that price but if you have one close to you you might want to check your store's prices. Also I'm not sure if any stores who price match could/would be able to touch this price, or carry this brand, but that too may be worth checking into.
But anyway, that is the best price I've personally located in my area so far during this process, and throughout the years of owning my pool. I hope this info helps someone out. Have a wonderful day!!

I'm not sure how they do their shipments on the liquid chlorine, like whether they just bought a truckload at once or have a continuous supply, but when I bought some earlier this year it was way over 10%. By my testing it was coming out to around 15%. It was only 2 weeks old when I bought it. If they got it all at once, it may actually be as advertised by now, but if they are getting a continuous supply, you're getting an even better deal with the added strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollar Tree - $1 per gallon Make sure you are buying the 1 gallon bottle. the smaller one is not full strength. So far every 1 gallon jug that I've tested has been 6% or better. Granted, I don't use much, just supplementing the SWG when the swimmer load is above normal. Or if I find a critter in the skimmer.
What brand? Full gallon? I've read that LA Awesome Bleach is less than 3%. The Top Job I bought at Walmart is 1 or 2%.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've read that LA Awesome Bleach is less than 3%.

Where'd you read that? Pabeader posted in a different thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/53958-LA-s-Totally-Awesome-Bleach that the LA Awesome in the 128 oz jug is testing between 5.5 and 6%. It's the stuff in the 96 oz jug that is the weak stuff. I thought about trying it, but I couldn't decipher the markings on the jug to tell how fresh it was, and passed because the bottles looked a little too dusty.

Unless something changes with my HASA dealer's pricing, I'm going to stick with them for the time being before I start looking for a new source.

Thanks n240sxguy for the info, and yeah 15% is even better for the price. I've been having a slight yo-yo effect on my levels during SLAM the past couple of days that was not occurring when I purchased the 1st few cases of Liquid Shock, so it could be possible, like you mentioned, that one supply was equaling out about 10%, and the other closer to 15% because it was a fresher batch? I agree both percentages for that price are awesome deals. So if the yo-yo starts going up, and down again, I'll just adjust accordingly, and save a lot of money on LS price in the process. Thanks again for the info.

Where'd you read that? Pabeader posted in a different thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/53958-LA-s-Totally-Awesome-Bleach that the LA Awesome in the 128 oz jug is testing between 5.5 and 6%. It's the stuff in the 96 oz jug that is the weak stuff. I thought about trying it, but I couldn't decipher the markings on the jug to tell how fresh it was, and passed because the bottles looked a little too dusty.

Unless something changes with my HASA dealer's pricing, I'm going to stick with them for the time being before I start looking for a new source.
Is the 128oz unscented or fresh scent? The Dollar Tree isn't too close, so don't want to waste the trip if it's less than 6%. Can't seem to find the msds on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's labeled as Fresh Scent. I guess they think bleachy is fresh? I buy it by the 4 gallon box. the date on the box is printed plain English, no weird codes. Like I said, it's been good for me so far. I did find the MSDS on it once. It was a pain to find, I'll try to post it if I can find where I saved it. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.