Bleach Prices 2015

Dom
Where on the Bottle did you find the code? Ive had no luck finding it.

Like Laprjns I also feel they have high turn over and the stuff is fresh but finding the code would be nice.
They told me the sale price ends Thursday/tomorrow, but then said it could be extended???
It was printed along the bottom edge of the label.

I noticed that not all the bottles have dates, especially the "Mega-Shock" brand. The "Super Shock" brand is the one I bought, but even some of those will not have dates.

Dom

Just picked up 3 bottles at Kroger with Jan 26 2016 on them.. Is that good?

I am heading to work so they will be in the hot car all day.. Will that ruin them? I didn't think about the fact they will be in the hot sun all day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just picked up 3 bottles at Kroger with Jan 26 2016 on them.. Is that good?

I am heading to work so they will be in the hot car all day.. Will that ruin them? I didn't think about the fact they will be in the hot sun all day.

I thought the date was when it was bottled?

I don't think the heat will be good, make sure at the least they are out of direct sunlight.

Dom

:( there were a few that said 'jan 20' on them, i thought i was doing well getting 'jan 26'.

these came from kroger..and i bought the last 3 they had..i'm guessing they have pretty quick turnover so i would be surprised if they are that old.

Ocean State was having such a secret sale, the checkout clerk didn't know about it.

I bought two cases for $21.25 (tax included). That is $0.17/active oz. It takes me about a week to use up a case (1/2 gal/day), so I bought 2 cases to get me close to the end of the season. Hopefully They keep it available toward the end of August at normal prices (or lower). That way I'll be spending only $0.19/active oz. to get me through my season-ending SLAM.

I got the HTH 10% 2 gallon box at Walmart for 6.97 a few days ago. Didn't seem like their bleach prices were lower. Should I try a Frys (like Kroger) or somewhere to see if they have cheaper?

That math ends up being 0.0272 per ounce, or .27 per active oz, right? In the process of slamming, so gonna need more chlorine.

Curious, is dry Shock just as good when pool needs shocking? It's pretty cheap at Walmart and this stuff looks good: In The Swim Chlorine Pool Shock - 24 X 1 lb. bags Amazon.com : In The Swim Chlorine Pool Shock - 24 X 1 lb. bags : Patio, Lawn Garden
Especially if cya is getting low.

I'm a newbie, but as long as you monitor your CYA I think that shock is fine....it's when people use pucks/powder without realizing the CYA impacts that you get in trouble.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK finally looked at Kroger bleach again and it is definitely Jan 27 2016.. But it just says that's the 'sell by' date

If anyone lives near 59th Ave and Cactus and wants to start getting the HASA chlorine, here are the lastest coupons http://files.ctctcdn.com/b1351a14101/aa6d73d7-ed09-4a4d-ae66-0ed54c242960.pdf. After you get added to their email list, you'll get a never ending supply. Some people might get the coupon in the mail, but those are a bit sporadic, and getting the online version is consistent. I never have to pay the full price.

If anyone lives near 59th Ave and Cactus and wants to start getting the HASA chlorine, here are the lastest coupons http://files.ctctcdn.com/b1351a14101/aa6d73d7-ed09-4a4d-ae66-0ed54c242960.pdf. After you get added to their email list, you'll get a never ending supply. Some people might get the coupon in the mail, but those are a bit sporadic, and getting the online version is consistent. I never have to pay the full price.

What company is that through? Are they only there or are there other locations?

OSH (Orchard's Supply Hardware), largely focused in the SF Bay Area I think, often has the Kemtek 2 gal pack (2 1 gal jugs), 10% on sale for $4.99. That works out to 19.5 cents/%-oz.

I bought several cartons and store them in a centralized closet on the first floor in my house so they should keep pretty well.

Curious, is dry Shock just as good when pool needs shocking? It's pretty cheap at Walmart and this stuff looks good: In The Swim Chlorine Pool Shock - 24 X 1 lb. bags Amazon.com : In The Swim Chlorine Pool Shock - 24 X 1 lb. bags : Patio, Lawn Garden
Especially if cya is getting low.

That's cal-hypo. It won't push your CYA up but it will increase your calcium hardness (notice the bag says calcium hypchorite, whereas bleach is sodium hypochlorite). It's just a more concentrated form of unstabilized granulated chlorine.

It's Northwest Pool and Spa. I think the HASA people work on a Franchise system, and these people only run the one store. These coupons might work at other HASA distributors in the valley, but I can't be sure. It's just fortunate that I live close to them.

Hmmm, I have a Hasa dealer nearby (AM Corson's Gilbert), i wonder if they'll take these coupons or not....I called earlier and they're charging 14.99 for 4 gal 11-12%, plus a 6 buck deposit for the container. Doesn't seem like that great a deal, but if they took the coupon that'd be a lot better, right? You're getting 4 gallon containers?

Thats the Corson's I use. They put out at least 2 coupons in the mail this summer. I asked the neighbors if they were going to use theirs, so I have a small supply. Last saturday, they even took an expired one. I'd certainly try to use the coupon from above. Worst they can say is no.

If no coupon, it's $3.75 a gallon (128oz) for 12.5% versus $2.94 at Walmart for 121oz of 8.25%. With 12.5% you're getting about 1/3 more available chlorine. So, still cheaper. In basic testing, theirs shows it pretty fresh. If possible, keep it in an inside laundry room - not in the garage or outside. You do have to get it on 4 gallon lots.

if they took the coupon that'd be a lot better, right? You're getting 4 gallon containers?

I get four 1-gallon jugs in a square container with handles that makes it about as easy as possible to lug around. If it weren't for the coupon, I'd be getting the 10% chlorine at Leslie's that I price match to the NPS Pool supply ad for $4.95 for a box that holds two 1-gallon jugs.

With the Leslie's 10%, I needed a 1/3 gallon per day, but with the HASA, I only use 1/4 of a gallon, and get a better result so my anecdotal experience is that it is more than 12.5% because the store I go to has very high turn over.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.