Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heater pressure switch

1. Back To Top    #1

Heater pressure switch

Hi,

When winterizing your heater do you have to remove the pressure switch on your heater?

What happens if you leave the pressure switch in place?

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Heater pressure switch

Your questions do not make sense. Please explain what is going on with your heater or what you are trying to accomplish.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

I think the reason the poster asked was that it seems like people do disconnect their pressure switch for winter. I've seen posts here where folks are doing a startup in spring after a professional service did the winterization and they were wondering about the disconnected switch. Since the switch is a piping dead end, maybe it's a good precaution to make sure water is out of that small line and the switch itself.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Wow either I missed it when I read it or they edited it. Now I see they are asking about winterizing the heater.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,