Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic pool cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Automatic pool cleaner

Ok still getting a handle on all of this. So our pool "package" came with an automatic cleaner. My question is how often do you run them?
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Automatic pool cleaner

As often as required to keep the pool clean to your liking ... is that general enough

What kind of cleaner? (add to your signature)
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    As often as required to keep the pool clean to your liking ... is that general enough

What kind of cleaner? (add to your signature)
    Its a Hayward Aquaray
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Some people leave them hooked up and running all the time, but it may not run will on low speed of your pump.

Why such a big 2HP pump? What model?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by mrramsey View Post
    Ok still getting a handle on all of this. So our pool "package" came with an automatic cleaner. My question is how often do you run them?
    I have a pressure side sweep and I run it a couple of hours every other day, sometimes longer or more often depending on conditions. jblizzle's response is really correct, I am OCD so you may not find it not necessary to run it as often as I do.
    24,000 gal vinyl Lazy L, 1 hp pump, DE Filter, Pentair 250K heater, Letro Legend pressure side pool sweep

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Why such a big 2HP pump? What model?
    That my friend is a good question. Somewhat made the mistake of not researching enough before purchasing. Like most pool stores it seems that they all just want to sell a package deal marketed as good, better, and Best. I usually don't subscribe to that philosophy. The Best package included the 2 speed pump. The model is the Hayward swim pro voyager SW15942STL.

7. Back To Top    #7

My cleaner is running in the pool all the time except when we are swimming. A couple of days without it and the bottom turns brown from all the dust.
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.