Los Angeles, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
My Pentair ortega valves on both suction and return are hard to turn as they reach the extreme positions.

Is there anything I can do to make them turn easily and smoothly?

Thanks!

Ortega valves require a silicone-based lube or the perma-lock seal on the diverter will be damaged.

- - - Updated - - -

Ortega valves require a silicone-based lube or the perma-lock seal on the diverter will be damaged. The seal will swell and make turning the valve even harder, perhaps to the extent that the shaft will break loose or damage the plastic parts.

Thank you!

I am thinking I will let them be for now since I am planning an equipment addition and conversion to SWG. At that time, I will replace both the ortegas to Jandy... there is a slight leak in the return line next to the valve which can only be fixed by replacing the valve. So for now I have some epoxy holding the leak which does tend to come back and I have to put more epoxy.

Thanks for all the replies!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.