Agoura Hills
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I believe I have a malfunctioning ortega check valve. My Spa is elevated relative to pool and drains overnight. if I close the pool-spa gate valve as shown, there is no draining, this leads me to believe the check valve is bad. I opened it, cleaned and lubricated without success. Next steps are either replace the ortega internals (not cheap), but maybe that wont even fix it? Id prefer swapping it to a Jandy 90 deg check valve, but I assume that would require cutting the piping before and after and installing new piping?

1681758982615.png

You are in between a rock and a hard place.. 90% of all spas that drain down, when the pump is off, are due to the spa return check valve leaking.

Looking at your plumbing it would be a major job to replace that check valve with a Jandy style check valve. If I were to doing that, I'd replace the entire cluster, including all the old gate valves.

In my mind it would be better to just replace the guts of the Ortega valve, even with the chance that it won't fix the issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Asherk74
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.