Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Equipment pad problem???

1. Back To Top    #1

Equipment pad problem???

pic 10.jpg

Our equipment pad was poured today and I'm worried. None of the pads I've seen have been done like this photo shows.
    Are all these pipes supposed to be encased in cement like this? I'm confused! Any advice?
    Shotcrete IG, 880 sq. ft., 32,000 gallons,, 3.5 - 5.5 deep, SWG, Jandy 140000 Heat Pump, 1 1/2 HP Jandy, 36 sq. ft. DE Jandy filter with an attached spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Equipment pad problem???

I don't really like it to be done that way, but a lot of builders do it like that. You most likely won't ever have a problem, but if you do it means busting up concrete to fix it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh Lordy, that would be bad. Well, I guess there's not much I can do about it now except keep my fingers crossed! It does help to know that other pool builders do it that way. Thanks for your comment.
    Shotcrete IG, 880 sq. ft., 32,000 gallons,, 3.5 - 5.5 deep, SWG, Jandy 140000 Heat Pump, 1 1/2 HP Jandy, 36 sq. ft. DE Jandy filter with an attached spa

4. Back To Top    #4

My piping comes up through a concrete slab too. Could be a pain if it needs repair but not uncommon IMHO.
    16' wide ~20,000gal IG vinyl lazy L shape pool circa 2002, 1hp Hayward Super Pump, Hayward S244T sand filter, Hayward H250ED2 gas heater, Hayward eVac Pro robot, Stenner pump for chlorine, TF-100 test kit
    2008 Gulf Coast 864 LEi hot tub

5. Back To Top    #5

It's generally all ran under your decking anyway unless you have paving stones right?
    -Jimbo- My pool was full of dirt and trees. Now it's full of water and children!
    20k gallon inground pool, 18" raised spa 7' round, 8 jets, 3" spa plumbing. Pentair intelliflo 3hp vsp, Easy touch 4 w/ ic 40, CCP 420 cartridge filter, Raypak 407a w/ cupro nickel, Screen logic 2, Pentair intelliph, spa side remote, Pentair 5g color lights pool and spa, TF-100 test kit with speed stir and Dolphin Oasis Z5

6. Back To Top    #6

True true, good point! Guess you're not all that dumbcluck!

7. Back To Top    #7

My pipes come up thru the poured deck in insulated sleeves.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall