Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,
We had gunite done last week and they used gunite to make the equipment pad.
I grabbed a picture early that morning before the gunite was shot so it's possible all thee things I have questions about were done after I took this picture. But I have a few questions just based on this picture.

I'm wondering if the equipment pad was supposed to have the copper wire in the rebar?

It also looks like the rebar is just sitting on the ground, which I thought was a no no? Is that a no no, and if so what are the issues I need to be on the lookout for in the future?

On this same note, we will have concrete pads with 6" of turf between each pad so Im assuming each pad will need that copper wire wrapped in the rebar and the rebar lifted off the ground? Just trying to understand what all we need to be looking for when they do the concrete pads.

All advice/thought are appreicated!
Thanks! Steph

Attachments

• Equipment Pad Sm.jpg
    Equipment Pad Sm.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 43
Your pic is too small to see any details.

I'm wondering if the equipment pad was supposed to have the copper wire in the rebar?
Is the copper wire you are referring to different then the rebar?

It also looks like the rebar is just sitting on the ground, which I thought was a no no? Is that a no no, and if so what are the issues I need to be on the lookout for in the future?

It is not what you want for the rebar in the pool structure. For the pool pad it is fine. The pool pad holds hardly any weight and the rebar is just there to prevent the concrete from cracking. It was more convenient for them to use some excess gunite then mix a batch of concrete for the pad.

On this same note, we will have concrete pads with 6" of turf between each pad so Im assuming each pad will need that copper wire wrapped in the rebar and the rebar lifted off the ground? Just trying to understand what all we need to be looking for when they do the concrete pads.

Depends if the copper wire will be the perimeter bonding required around the pool.

The reinforcing steel should be in the middle of the slab. It is not to prevent the concrete from cracking, it is to keep it together when it does.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.