Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Uh oh!

1. Back To Top    #1

Uh oh!

Spotted these in the scrap metal bin at work just now! Looks like somebody had an uh oh moment!!!

uploadfromtaptalk1404330997004.jpg
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Uh oh!

That just doesn't look good!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Forgive my ignorance...are those the remains of an intex blowout?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun View Post
    Forgive my ignorance...are those the remains of an intex blowout?
    Ultra Frame rails... I don't know what happened..... YET! I'm soon to be on the case.
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

5. Back To Top    #5

Wind storm. He had two inches of water in the pool and the wind still tossed it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by mac.dblues View Post
    Wind storm. He had two inches of water in the pool and the wind still tossed it!
    Wow!!!! Twisted that metal like nothing.

I will take our snow any day over all of the weather elements some of you folks have to deal with!
    Intex 16 * 48 Ultra
    2650 Intex Sand Filter
    Hayward Thruwall Skimmer
    Hardplumbed in 2014
    TF100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy2 View Post
    Wow!!!! Twisted that metal like nothing.

I will take our snow any day over all of the weather elements some of you folks have to deal with!
    LOL! And I would rather not have any snow. Wintery precipitation just causes problems down here.

8. Back To Top    #8

Heck we get wind and snow here in Pa! I hate it but that's the lay of the land and how Mother Nature is.

I believe that the wind took that pool with only 2 inches of water. These above ground sets ups are very, very sensitive to wind.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Heck we get wind and snow here in Pa! I hate it but that's the lay of the land and how Mother Nature is.

I believe that the wind took that pool with only 2 inches of water. These above ground sets ups are very, very sensitive to wind.
    I was surprised. 2" of water in a 16 ft pool probably weighs around 2500 lbs. (Just an educated guess, I didn't do the actual math.)