Poolbreh

In The Industry
Jul 31, 2021
San Diego
Customers pool
Vinyl pool
Concrete spa detached
Figure 4 handrails for each.
Superflo vst, filter, Raypak 2100 digital.
Note the pump is in a different location than the heater.

I think this pool was a diy back in the day. I’m replacing the pump and realized uh oh there is no bonding wire by the pump. I realized none of the equipment is bonded, I don’t think he has a bond grid/loop in place. I brought it up and we agreed to talk about it when he gets back to town.

If he decides not to get the pool bonded(rails). Would there be any benefit in installing a grounding rod by the equipment and bond equipment that way? Looping around pool wouldn’t be an option because of concrete. If he gets it bonded they will have to cut up a lot of concrete.
By all means send me your shame.

There is a light 120v in the pool the conduit is pvc.
I’ll check the continuity tomorrow when I’m there and get you more pictures. Im a little reluctant because it’s a customers pool.
The pump is below the pool by 10ft. Pool and spa are level but separate. The filter and heater are about 4ft above pool.
This is what I have but it probably won’t tell much. The junction box and heater weren’t bonded as well. 0D9688F3-0E67-458D-9952-EEA22ABCBDFD.jpeg

Attachments

• E6F5DD0A-7B83-4D5F-A0C9-1D12A45A2939.jpeg
    E6F5DD0A-7B83-4D5F-A0C9-1D12A45A2939.jpeg
    753.4 KB · Views: 5
Maybe refer them to an electrician.

There is a lot of liability if you work on the equipment and someone ends up getting shocked.

Check for continuity between all rails and the light.
I will I was going to talk to him about that. Hopefully he will do it. I had to work within budget. I’ll check continuity tomorrow and get pics inside jbox

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.