Purchased the SWG

May 21, 2014
Westport, MA
So I decided to take the plunge... I purchased the Hayward Aqua Rite Pro SWG.
One question is in regard to the pump I have, which is the Hayward EcoStar, and that is should I wire the SWG to be running anytime the pump is running (even on low rpm)? Will this offer enough flow to enable the flow switch?

Thanks

I'm going to answer "maybe". My SWG works fine on low speed.

My recommendation would be to run it all the time the pump is running and adjust output to maintain your FC properly. I shoot for about 5-6 FC as I've found this ensures I never drop too low, even when there is bather load.

Look in the manual for a minimum flow rate, although that only really helps if you have an accurate flow meter, although it week give you a better idea of what it needs.

I have a flow meter, FlowViz, and keep my slow speed above the minimum rate for the SWG.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Wire it to run whenever the pump is running. You don't really need a flow meter. Just set the pump, and if the SWG doesn't have enough flow increase the speed until it has enough flow. That's the beauty of VS pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.