This weather stinks

We planned on putting in a large above ground this year to tide us over until we decide for sure on a IG but our weather has been so horrible this year we have pretty much given up. No point in paying for a pool we can't even use. Temp wise it's warm enough since we are in the 80's and 90's but near daily thunderstorms makes swimming impossible. Hate to disappoint the kids but I think we'll just have to bail on having a pool this year since our season is so short, too much money and work when you can't use the pool.

We planned on putting in a large above ground this year to tide us over until we decide for sure on a IG but our weather has been so horrible this year we have pretty much given up. No point in paying for a pool we can't even use. Temp wise it's warm enough since we are in the 80's and 90's but near daily thunderstorms makes swimming impossible. Hate to disappoint the kids but I think we'll just have to bail on having a pool this year since our season is so short, too much money and work when you can't use the pool.

I'm disappointed reading this! Ugh... lol

South Central PA here. We managed to get in the pool 3x in the last 2 1/2 weeks. Rain and cool nightly temps are killing the beginning of the season here, like others are mentioning. Unlike western pa I haven't had to drain water, but it's come very close. Last evening I put my arm in while checking water,and to my surprise, it actually felt warm, at least the first foot or so. This week should give all us PA people a good shot at warmer water.

I totally wish I lived in Cali. I am so tired of rain and partly cloudy days! The pool is 80ish and the kids swim but I'm tired of watching from the side. We are all tired of dodging the lightning as we race inside. I finally have a pool that was installed properly and now this. 2014 has not been a weather friendly year. Come on July!

Turn on that heater. Have a great birthday for your husband/father's day. And let the kids have fun! We are looking forward to a day with sun in the 80's tomorrow! Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
We turned the heater on in the morning (72 up to 80) and the kids were swimming all afternoon. Then later in the evening the older teens came back up and had a night swim till? I headed to bed and told them to cover pool and lock up when leaving! All in all a great day of nice weather, good food, family and swimming!

I think ours was 79. Kids all had fun. I cooled off after mulching.

I'm not far from you and I can't get past 72! I'm not complaining as it feels really nice once the initial shock wears off! Are you covering at night because I quit since my shoulder left me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not far from you and I can't get past 72! I'm not complaining as it feels really nice once the initial shock wears off! Are you covering at night because I quit since my shoulder left me.
Yes, I've been leaving the solar cover on anytime no one is swimming. I think it has helped a lot lately. 72! ouch, there is initial shock at 76...lol. I think ideally for me 80-82 is perfect.

we swam at my sister in laws on father's day. She lives in Irwin and they have a heater, 89° !!! it was fun but it was like a sauna.

Wow, lots of rain everywhere. Glad there are people out there who are getting to swim!
Casey, I think if I had to choose between rain or swimming in 72 degree water... well, shucks, it may as well rain!!
That's cold water!

Didn't get to get in ours today, had an appt. 2 hours away, did some shopping while we were there. Hoping the water is warm and the storms hold off. Waiting for one to pass know so I can go to sleep. Sounds like a doozy, slow moving.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.