Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

I just don't understand why Intex can't fuse the tile lines straight! It drives me nuts on ours.

330e72e211b2021375117b530bd25cab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Punninya, the pool doesn't fully straighten out till its completely full of water.... That's just how they're made.....

Hey Mac... I know right??? Why can't they line it up properly????? lol.... My pool is off on one corner by one line of tile, but its only on one corner, and its high so I can actually have a go and bringing it level by carefully removing cracker dust... :)

Still deciding where to put the through the wall skimmer...

Bestway pool liner pattern is smarter which does not have/show obvious alignment issues, with intex the checkered pattern is so visible and it is annoying until you get used to it (hopefully).

G'day again... :) Well my Hayward elbows have shown up... I'm so tired of trying to find parts to fit intex fittings so I am going with standard Hayward stuff... I'm surprised how fast they got here actually... :)

I haven't bought the cartridge filter yet... $330, but I'll wait till after Christmas to get that... The crappy filter is doing its job, its just not powerful enough to run the vacuum or the skimmer, so I'll be glad to see the end of it.... I'll post pics on my phone....

G'day all.... Still waiting on parts to arrive, so I've been making do with the crappy filter... I've been stuffing around with it for the last couple of days, and I think I've found a way to make it work until all the good stuff arrives... :)

The pool is beautiful, but due to the filter, it hasn't been is sparkling self.... Which reminds me, I need to buy some dry acid today... And possibly chlorine.... Water is balanced, just making a few tweaks here and there....

I've dragged the over the wall skimmer out of the old spare parts box, and thrown it over the side... Sunscreen has a tendency to sit on the top of the water, and its been accumulating, so I'm glad to get rid of it.... The pool is functional, but not set up anywhere near the way I want it.... Hopefully January....

The cartridge filter will be here before news years eve... :) That's awesome as we are having a BBQ and pool party that night, so I'll be able to swap everything over shortly.....

The only thing I need now, are ball valves and Teflon plumbers tape and some sealant, and I'm good to go.... :) Will post pics when all the plumbing has been changed over....

A tip to intex owners... Use the maximum amount of water you can... That means filling it to one tile beneath the white seam.... You'll be glad you did... It makes the pool sit better, it gives it better shape and it keeps more water in the pool... I'm loving it...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi TsiGirl... :) I wish I could say things are moving forward... I'm still waiting on my cartridge filter to arrive... I still need to get ball valves to fit my 38mm hose so I'm stuck in pool plumbing limbo...

We've had ****ty weather here the past couple of weeks, not real hot, with lots of wind... I've had to keep the solar cover on for the last two days, as I can't keep the leaves out of the pool... The tree in question is at the back of my house, everything is blowing across my roof and down into my pool.... Not happy at all.... :-(

A whole month of summer has been and gone, and I've been swimming twice.... SO PEED OFF......

We finally had some hot weather yesterday, and we've had lots of people in the pool over these past two days, so I had to really up the bleach..... I was running it at 7ppm as it was getting cloudy yesterday, it should be crystal clear this morning.... I have also put a shade over one end of the pool to protect the kids in the heat of the day... My pool is in direct sun from sunrise to sunset.....

Still playing the waiting game with the cartridge filter... Its really starting to get to me... My crappy lil filter is barely handling the workload, and I'm tired of spending an hour and a half on the pool every day just trying to keep it balanced and clean..... I desperately need the thru the wall skimmer, and more powerful pump.....

I guess I'm just tired after Christmas and six weeks is a long time to keep the kids occupied over the summer holidays... They go back in the beginning of February, so still 4 weeks to go.... We couldn't go away this year as Dave has started a new job....

We're going to Cairns in Queensland in winter this year (July) I know that must freak you out.... Its the top end of Australia where the weather is either hot or hot and wet all the time... Very tropical... :) Just a quick getaway for about 4 nights.... So looking forward to it....

Hang in there.

Reading your posts about the challenges and joys of having a pool has made the Canadian winter a lot easier to bare. We have not had a bad winter but it's still cold.

I am sure that your pool will be awesome when you are finally done with the skimmer, new filter and plumbing.

I am extra jealous of your trip to Cairns. We had the pleasure of spending a few days on a dive boat from Cairns a few years back and absolutely loved it. It is a magical place with the tropical vegetation and the great barrier reef.

Just waiting on the cupboard to arrive so I can cut everything to size and start the plumbing changeover... We've decided to hard plumb some of the plumbing especially between the filter and the pump, but from the pool to the pump, and from the filter to the pool will be flexi hose.... I won't have to stuff around with the fittings so much.... Still worried about the ball valves... I may have to end up getting ball valve unions which are three to four times more expensive, all because I've chosen to use flexi hose that's 38mm and not the standard 40mm.... Those 2mm's are really making things difficult and or expensive....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.