Leaking water

May 15, 2013
Ct
Opened pool about a week ago, everything has been going fine until last night. I have been running the skimmer at night and did a vacuum yesterday and all was well.

Today I went out to the pool and the water had dropped 3 inches. Its not leaking out the filter or pump. Everything above ground is tight. I went out today for two hours, nothing was on and it dropped 1/4 inch.

I only have one return in to the pump. My local pool guy said I need to pressure test the system and then he said we still wont be sure what is going on. Any other insight that may help? Let me know any other info you would need for me to help you help me.

Thanks!!!

The most common area for leaks in my experience is in or around the skimmer. You can get a dye test kit that you use to find the leak. Basically you shut the pool off, then go around the pool (start around the skimmer) close to the tile/plaster and when you get to the leak you'll see the dye get sucked into the wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.