Water leaking from Waste line PLEASE HELP

tmurph513

Jun 2, 2023
Cincinnati
I have a 16ft above ground pool that is giving me the business this year. When I originally opened it up and gave my initial run of chemicals it was working fine. Now, if I let the pump run for 10 minutes, water will start leaking from the waste line and get progressively worse.

First, I opened up the multiport valve and replaced the spider gasket. Glued. Allowed 24 hours to seal. And within 10-20 minutes, it was leaking exactly the same.
Second, I bought a brand new multiport valve assembly and yes... still leaking.

The only setting the valve does not allow drainage is bypass filter to pool. Backwash and Rinse both appear to be doing their jobs, however they don't seem to have the pressure they used to.

Last night I even replaced the sand in the filter thinking there must be some kind of blockage.

Pressure hasn't been an issue at all. Once the Filter gets about 12psi, it starts leaking from the waste.

My pump is not even one year old.

Any help is truly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.
Be sure the lines are connected to the right ports on the valve.
Post a picture of the overall equipment pad, filter, valve, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.