Green pool, I'm losing faith in the fight!!

I would check the pH in 10 minutes and let 'er rip! SLAM it!!!

by8uhevu.jpg

Itching to get these in the pool! Going to be my first experience with bleach as my source of chlorine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hey cdkoster,
Just want to mention before i call it a night because i suspect you might be already at it late tonight or very early in the a.m. .... I know you know but Im reminding you anyway!!! :) Be diligent about keeping your FC at shock level. Dont be surprised and freak out if you see your FC go from shock level to 0 in an hour or less. The FC will be used up very quickly killing off all that algae.

Depending on how much algae is in there and how diligent you are about keeping FC at Slam level will determine a LOT in how quickly you see a significant difference in your water.

From here on, every time you post back the progress, please include your shock level FC (we actually call it slam level now),
your tested result FC
and your CC

From here till blue water, its repetitious. Test, Maintain Slam FC, backwash filter and repeat. Have some pop (pool owner patience) and repeat again.

There are 3 criteria for completing the SLAM
CC are <.5
You pass the OCLT (Overnight Chlorine Loss Test)
you can see the bottom

Dont hesitate to ask more questions and keep us posted how its goin'.
I would love to start this slam tonight, hopefully I can get a ph reading sooner than later

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.