Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: where do you buy your pool supplies and equipment?

1. Back To Top    #1

where do you buy your pool supplies and equipment?

All my local pool stores are pretty much a ripoff for a new liner. They want more for a cheap thin one than online shipping included. Where do you buy your pool equipment and supplies?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: where do you buy your pool supplies and equipment?

Poolsupplyworld.com and other places online if the prices are right... I plug items I want or need into and goooooooooo! I like the cheaper prices so that kinda dictates who I'll shop with. Sometimes I'll just pick up odds and ends at retail stores like WalMart, Lowes or the local mom n pop shop up the road.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

I usually buy pool specific items online, Amazon.com or VMInovations.com, but I do shop around, and read reviews of both the product and the store.

Non pool specific I try to buy local from the hardware store, plumbing supply store, or wherever except Walmart.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I get my pool chemicals from a wholesale chemical warehouse - really excellent prices.., and pool accessories and parts from ebay and amazon...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

5. Back To Top    #5

anyone else?

6. Back To Top    #6

Amazon........Ebay..........
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

Major stuff from poolsupplyworld. Fun stuff amazon and eBay. Quick pickup items Leslie's pools.
    24' Sharkline Matrix. Coral Reef Liner. Clearwater II Cartridge Filter. Saltron Retro Salt WaterGenerator. 4x20 Ecosaver Solar Panels, Rover Jr. robot vac. Fiberglass Steps and Lifesaver pool fence/gate.

Previous pool: 9x18 intex with salt water generator and vinylworks 5x10 deck.

8. Back To Top    #8

Locally owned Hardware store. Lowes, HD, Poolsupplies4lessdotcom, Amazon, eBay
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

9. Back To Top    #9

Online resources, Acid from Home Depot, Liquid Chlorine from local pool store.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

10. Back To Top    #10

Walmart for their Great Value bleach. Its 8.25% and is less than 3 bucks a jug. On the rare occasion I need baking soda or borax, Walmart again. I also get the HTC brand (Walmart) for stabilizer.

Dont ever need any other chemicals... in fact... 99.9999% of the time, all I use is just bleach.
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

11. Back To Top    #11

I always get bleach at Walmart - stabilizer and borax have come from there too ... I've never needed baking soda. I bought liner, pad, coving, and coping online ... I did get a flexible hose and a thermometer from a pool store. And of course I got the TF-100 from TF test kits!

I've been on the tfp method since set up ... never have needed anything else! I am sure it has saved me loads of $$.
    SwimNPlay AG 15x33 oval 48" high 12k gallons - Used pool set up July 2013
    Hayward sand filter, Sta-Rite 3/4 HP pump
    Kleen Machine Robot, TF-100 test kit
    Central NC

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

I always give the local guy first shot at it. For example, last year I needed to put a new skimmer box on the side of the pool. Looked up the pricing on a replacement Hayward kit on line and found several...best price at the time was a new kit on Ebay (free shipping). Went to my local pool store and inquired about pricing and availability. He had them in stock...Good...How about price...2X what the kit on Ebay was going for (seller was a pool supply store). I offered him $5.00 over the price of the Ebay listing and he said no. His marked price was firm. Two days later the kit, new in unopened box was at my house.

Fast forward to this year. Looking for liners as mine took a hit this winter. Local prices are at least twice what I am finding on line. Made them an offer and they said no.

Chemicals I get from my chemical supply guy here at work for the most part. We have several cleaning systems and 2 large waste water treatment systems. We have to titrate and test the systems the same as you would do a pool and he supplies most of the chemicals we use.

13. Back To Top    #13

I've bought all my liners online. I just bought pool lights at WallyWorld. They are round, 2 in a box for under $10, take 3 AA batteries a piece and are magnetic. They really look nice and light the pool up well!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

I'm new to the game, but so far My purchases have been @ TF kits, amazon, and chemicals are all coming from a large chemical supply company. (bulk 12.5% chlorine, and bulk HCL)
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

15. Back To Top    #15

Where to buy pool supplies?

Merged Topic. Please do not make the same topics in other forums. Casey~

Where do you recommend to buy pool equipment such as a liner?
    Last edited by Casey; 05-01-2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Merged Topic from Just Getting Started