Stampcrete

Major comment I see is that it is very slippery when wet. If you decide to use it then make sure you get some sort of abrasive mixed in for added friction.

I'm guessing there also may be issues with cracking in cold weather climates...not that I know about that here in TX.

Wondering if members can post pics if their stamped concrete decks and comment on any issues they have.

Stampcrete looks real nice. When it is sealed it is slippery. Cheaper than pavers and nicer than just plain concrete. There are literally hundreds of color and sealer combos. Scourer google images for stampcrete patio's to get ideas. Since you are on LI I know a good concrete guy that can give you an estimate. He's a union concrete foreman and does side work...

The only issues are from installation problems. Your concrete guy must use joints properly to control the cracking. There is also maintenance involved. It needs to be sealed every two years. Looks good though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.