Pool Math Question VS Recommended SWG Level Article

Nick's Pool

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2014
Naples, FL
Hello,

Easy question. One of the first articles I ever read on TFP was the "Recommended Levels for SWG" and I've been targeting those readings to a tee. When I enter in my readings which are :

FC = 6.0
CC = 0
pH = 7.5
CYA = 70
CH = 300
ALK = 70

In addition, I also select Type of Pool = Plaster, Chlorine Source = SWG and Method, of course = Trouble Free Pool.

Here's my question, it says my target FC on Pool Math should be 5-10 but the article says 3-5. The reason I ask is, I've been trying to dial in my % on the Salt Water Generator so it doesn't produce more than 5.0. However, if 5-10 is the way to go, then I could stop driving myself nuts with adjusting the run time, etc.

The other question, and this might not be worth worrying about but, CSI. I am guessing that the number Pool Math generates for Target Level, I want to stay at or as close to as possible as that Target Number correct?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Pool Math has some default target levels, but they are generic and not optimized for a SWG pool. Take the target levels from the SWG article (or the correct table in Pool School) and plug them into Pool Math. That is the same thing that is happening with FC target level, you are getting the non-SWG FC target from Pool Math, instead of the SWG targets.

It is really best to completely ignore CSI unless you have one of the rare situations that make it important, like uncontrollably high CH levels.

The CSI number I feel is more important with a SWCG. That number will give an indication of how quickly your SWCG Cell may need cleaning due to calcium build up. I tend to run a slightly negative CSI and have not needed to clean my cell. It's a clear housing and I can see the cell.

Living in Florida you're more than likely need to increase your pump run time in the summer and lower it in the winter for max energy savings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.