Hays ks
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have a swg and my cya is at 60. Pool math says target fc is 7 which is what I keep it at but I get so itchy in the pool. I have been reading that fc only has to be at 7.5% of cya so wouldn't target be 4.5? I really want to keep fc lower to see if itchiness goes away.
Thanks for the imput!

You can run a lower FC if you wish. The potential for algae is much higher. Your choice.

Keeping pH in the 7's is more likely to solve your issue.

Reactions: val8375
Ok thanks but Am I running fc too high at 7? Do you think according to the 7.5% of the CYA It should be like around 5?

Ok thanks but Am I running fc too high at 7? Do you think according to the 7.5% of the CYA It should be like around 5?
Running the FC in the target range, or above, is fine. Less likely to have issues if you have a day of high organic loading or a SWCG issue.

No that's flirting with minimum which ironically may cause swimmers itch if bacteria flourish.

I run mine 'hot' at 10 to 14 and nobody knows.

Reactions: SoDel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.