New build. Going with Chlorine, auto feeder needed??

With a Vinyl liner pool, do you have to be careful where you pour it so you don't fade/bleach the pool liner? I would imagine a high concentration of bleach hitting one spot of the liner might be harmful??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you pour slowly in front of a return jet in the deep end (if you have one) as we recommend, then there is no concern. I quick run if the brush afterward can ensure nothing pooled on the bottom.

I usually lower the jug of bleach into the pool so the spout is about an 1" above the water and pour slow. No splashes to get on clothes, liner or skin. I do acid the same way to lower PH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can always get one of those cute little Duck puck holders to float around and put in a few while away for the weekend or on vacation. Cheaper than a built in tab feeder----and cuter!

With a Vinyl liner pool, do you have to be careful where you pour it so you don't fade/bleach the pool liner? I would imagine a high concentration of bleach hitting one spot of the liner might be harmful??
Yes. That's why we say
Bleach should be added to the pool by pouring slowly in front of a return jet with the pump running. You should pour slowly enough that pouring an entire jug takes more than one minute, preferably two minutes. Leave the pump running for at least 30 minutes after adding bleach.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/139-recommended-pool-chemicals

It's funny in a morbid kind of way when someone posts here that they listened to the pool store experts and scattered some miracle powder on the surface of the pool, it settled to the bottom, and now their liner is freckled.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.