New build in South Texas

Okay, the outdoor dog beds take the cake. Everything about this project has been so well thought out (excluding the Heron decoys!) I love your retaining walls too (and may steal some of those ideas when we get to that part of our project). Looking at your finished product helps give me the patience to make it through ours. - Bob's wife -Karen

Okay, the outdoor dog beds take the cake. Everything about this project has been so well thought out (excluding the Heron decoys!) I love your retaining walls too (and may steal some of those ideas when we get to that part of our project). Looking at your finished product helps give me the patience to make it through ours. - Bob's wife -Karen

Thanks Bob's wife Karen:brickwall: We signed our contract on July 27th, 2013. We were 95.5% finished on July 5,2014. I can't tell you how many times my wife and I took turns talking each other off the ledge. This is the third, and by far the biggest pool project we have constructed in our 28 years of living in Texas. The PB (South Texas Pools) gave us exactly what we asked for and more. BUT, there certainly were some frustrating times with rainy weather and sometimes mindless delays. Your pool and pavilion will provide tons of fun. We are finishing up the last touches of the project and are still waiting for the gates. This is being done by the same craftsman that built our front door and all our interior doors. Then I'll be ready to fire up the drone for some day and night videos.

Finally have 2 gates of the 4 that will be installed. Waiting to have all the hard ware installed on the gates. The first 2 shots are from the backyard looking at the gate and the next 2 shots are from the outside. This is the main entrance outside to our back yard. This will add security on who can access the yard. The last 2 shots are one of the small gates in back that will help direct the dogs to areas that they can have access to.

Nice! Love the little peek-a-boo doors. A shame the surface is sloped in the back, that uneven gap would drive me nuts

Actually the slope gives me perfect water runoff from the top level, down the multilevel stairs and landings and into the water. I probably could have had them cut an angle on the bottom of the door to match the slope.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just now found you thread. All I can say is WOW! I love the pool, love the landscape and really love the stuff done for the wild and pet critters! Thanks for sharing!

Kim

Thanks Kim. The project took one year from the time we signed the contract until it was mostly finished in mid-July. We are just finishing up a few minor projects. A few pictures below of what the area looked like pre-construction

It worked! That was neat! You have good control of the drone. Is it easy to learn to control?

I LOVE where the lions ended up. That is the purrrrrrrrrrfect place for them.

I can't wait to see it at night time.

Kim

the drone video was awesome - it really highlighted the mosaic and gave a great view to the entire project. I don't think I ever fully appreciated the shape of the pool and its so unique. I also meant to mention that I really like the Spanish doors. My boss who has a place on the Guadalupe in Boerne has an amazing courtyard with antique Spanish doors and it has inspired us to do something similar when we build out the garage portion of our project (in the end - we are trying to create a large courtyard effect). But I may PM you to find out who the manufacturer of your doors are - the peep holes add a nice touch. You and Lisa T in the FL Keys - have great water views. I'm very partial to that. Now we need to see a pic of the pups enjoying the backyard and the cat in his play area.

WOW!!!!! Your backyard is absolutely stunning and breathtaking! It's like the most gorgeous resort I've ever seen! :) I'm so jealous of the fun pool finishes and the palm trees many of you get to use, that we can't use in my area. I've enjoyed going through all of your pictures! As someone who is restoring a farmhouse from 1874, I LOVE looking at before, during and after pictures! You and your wife have gorgeous taste and you can tell you thought of every detail with your yard. The stone choices and color choices are just perfect! I love the pool color and that mosaic is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing your build with us. I also love that your wife is into animals! She rocks! ;) I think the animals that your wife feeds the tortillas to, are so cute! We are huge animal lovers here as well, so I enjoyed seeing your pictures.

It worked! That was neat! You have good control of the drone. Is it easy to learn to control?

I LOVE where the lions ended up. That is the purrrrrrrrrrfect place for them.

I can't wait to see it at night time.

Kim
Yes the drone is easy to control. It uses GPS for location and if I lose sight of it I can hold a switch and it will return within 15 feet of where it took off from

the drone video was awesome - it really highlighted the mosaic and gave a great view to the entire project. I don't think I ever fully appreciated the shape of the pool and its so unique. I also meant to mention that I really like the Spanish doors. My boss who has a place on the Guadalupe in Boerne has an amazing courtyard with antique Spanish doors and it has inspired us to do something similar when we build out the garage portion of our project (in the end - we are trying to create a large courtyard effect). But I may PM you to find out who the manufacturer of your doors are - the peep holes add a nice touch. You and Lisa T in the FL Keys - have great water views. I'm very partial to that. Now we need to see a pic of the pups enjoying the backyard and the cat in his play area.

The wood working shop that I had the doors made at is in Matamoros Mexico. I live right on the border and his shop is about 6 miles into Mexico. The doors are all handmade with mortise and tenants. He even used a blacksmith to make the hardware. I know that style would fit right in on your project.

WOW!!!!! Your backyard is absolutely stunning and breathtaking! It's like the most gorgeous resort I've ever seen! :) I'm so jealous of the fun pool finishes and the palm trees many of you get to use, that we can't use in my area. I've enjoyed going through all of your pictures! As someone who is restoring a farmhouse from 1874, I LOVE looking at before, during and after pictures! You and your wife have gorgeous taste and you can tell you thought of every detail with your yard. The stone choices and color choices are just perfect! I love the pool color and that mosaic is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing your build with us. I also love that your wife is into animals! She rocks! ;) I think the animals that your wife feeds the tortillas to, are so cute! We are huge animal lovers here as well, so I enjoyed seeing your pictures.

jlsl95,

I'm Diane, Martin's wife. I just had to respond to your kind words.

We cannot take all the credit for how our yard turned out. We were lucky enough to find a pool builder who actually listened and understood what we were looking for. We were all on the same page from the very beginning of the project and the changes that he did suggest only enhanced the build.

As for our animal kingdom, I am fortunate my husband goes along with my feeding the critters. They really are interesting to watch and seem to have such different personalities. There's nothing better than sitting out back (now that the yard is finished) at dusk, watching the egrets, herons and other seabirds come in and roost on the trees for the night (after passing out the tortillas, of course). It's not for everyone, but it's nice to hear from people who appreciate nature as we do.

So glad you enjoyed our build!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.