New build in South Texas

MJWORTHY,
As far as we know that is still the target date. Weather has not been our friend, there is over 860,000 lbs. of shotcrete so far between the retaining walls, pool and catch basin. Developing the elevation changes and putting in the forms for them took some time. And to be honest, the PB could have been more diligent in their ordering of materials and scheduling. They are doing a quality job so far, so we will be patient.

The picture/video really helps the visualization and enormity of your project. I know how much my pool is going to cost so I can only imagine how much you are investing in your back yard. It is going to be great!

Are you going to fish off the deck? It looks like you already have a big one hooked in the video!

Martin,

Yes, I saw your pictures...that is a great project and good use of photobucket! I look forward to watching it all come together.

I have signed the contract and now in the permit stage. I keep making small changes and additions and now we may add a outdoor kitchen. We hope to start around 3/1. Thanks for asking.

We are going to put in a grill, refrigerator, sink, paper towel dispenser, granite tops a dinning table with 6 chairs and a sunbrite 55" outdoor TV. We are also installing 12 speakers throughout the back yard, a Wi-Fi repeater and a sub-woofer that actually gets buried in the ground. This will all be tied to our electronics room inside the house. The system will allow someone to watch TV and at the same time you can listen to your I-Tunes in another part of the yard off of one of one of the other sets of speakers. Then there is the lighting system, irrigation and landscaping. This just seems like a daunting task and we will never get done. The good news is that today should be the last cold rainy day for the foreseeable future and the contractors and PB should be hitting this project hard. OR SO I HOPE!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am having a mosaic installed in the bottom of our pool. It was being built in Mexico and this is the first shot of it laid out on the floor of the builder. It is approximately 24' x11'

More travertine being installed. two more levels to go. The beam is a couple of inches higher than the patio se we will be adding a drain made by NDS. The PB put in a drain system because of all the travertine so they will tie this drain into it. No biggie!

- - - Updated - - -

The perimeter walls are starting to shape up. My wife is trying to decide what color they should be. Should we match them to the color of the house or do we color them beige or off-white to contrast the house.

I might photoshop it and try the opposite from your house. Meaning beige walls (like your house columns) and house color on the wall "columns" for a punch of some color. Or have them test paint a section or two in the options you are considering to be sure to get it right.

Looking great!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.