West Texas Pool Build

Re: Our West Texas Pool Build

Thanks Y'all...

They have been working off and on the last week. Weather has been great, but there is no rhyme or reason to when they work, or for how long. It really makes you :scratch:

I'll update this weekend with some new photos. Thanks for the comments and interest. :goodjob:

I can 100% relate to this.

Right?!?!??

You'd almost think that a nice in ground pool contract would have some sort of "completion date"-----(within reason give or take a few days?)

Not around here. They all say 12 weeks, and I think to allow themselves plenty of time. No issues with me, but it is no use trying to figure out what's going on. And no, they don't tell you. One day two guys show up for a few hours, maybe all day we have 4 on another. Then, the next two days.....nuthin. That said, our 12 weeks will be up in about three from now, so we will see what happens. Not worried about the pool getting done as much as we are tired of the mess it seems like on most days.

Great thread and it looks like its coming along nicely. I wish I would have read this whole thing a few days ago as I was messing around in my back yard leveling it out with sand and filling in low spots and pot holes. That water level would have came in real real real real reeaaal handy and would have been way better than the string line and tape measure fiasco I was working with. Live and learn.
Loving the pics and info keep up the hard work

Well, they started on tile last week, and they've been working on the deck this week. My wife fell in love with this tile from the word go, but I did not. I didn't dislike it, but was more neutral, and we had looked at a bunch of samples prior to this. I really am glad she chose it, because I've really come to love it. A little upgrade from the others on price, but well worth it. I think too that the glazed finish will be nicer to maintain than some we were looking at. Mostly, I like the subtle color.

Adeck3rs_zps47e310df-1.jpg

What....You thought I wouldn't do an update without Sarge? :lol:

Adeck4rs_zpsd72376ce-1.jpg

On a serious note, you'll notice the sharp edges on the steps and bench. This ain't gonna fly, but the PB has assured me it will be taken care of with a nice rounded radius.
Seems it would have been much easier to do when it was wet. :hammer:

Sometimes this nut job acts like a Cat. He'll walk around the perimeter like this for long stretches with no obvious fear at all. Deep, shallow, no matter. It worries me some, but I'm pretty sure it won't stop until we have it filled. A little late, but whaddya do?

Adeck8rs_zps0f7e2d51-1.jpg

The skimmer mouth tile is just about identical in all three. Overall, I'm pleased with the symmetry.

Adeck2rs_zpsdd6813f7-1.jpg

Diving board footer is dug and after all the rebar is lifted we'll be ready for deck/coping. When...who knows, hopefully starting this week.

Adeck1rs_zps573b5946-1.jpg

Just one more shot from the patio. It's starting to seem like we'll have a pool after all now. I can just start to imagine it being finished.

Adeck7rs_zpsaa5c4f67-1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Wait a second ... three skimmers?! You'll probably never have to skim your own pool, lucky duck! I'm surprised Sarge hasn't gone down the steps into the pool cavity. We've had the neighbors three cats and our neighborhood possum investigate our pool shell, as evidenced by their little tracks in the snow. I'm a teensy bit worried about the plaster phase for that reason, in fact.

Love the tile! Can't wait to see it with water on it!

Wait a second ... three skimmers?! You'll probably never have to skim your own pool, lucky duck! I'm surprised Sarge hasn't gone down the steps into the pool cavity. We've had the neighbors three cats and our neighborhood possum investigate our pool shell, as evidenced by their little tracks in the snow. I'm a teensy bit worried about the plaster phase for that reason, in fact.
Love the tile! Can't wait to see it with water on it!
You and DH will have to take night shifts to make sure no critters leave tracks in your new finish Mia. :mrgreen: The #3 skimmer is something I wanted, but believe me, with the wind and junk flying around here in Westex, I'll need all the help I can get. May just run two at once depending... The cool thing though is that when we reviewed overage totals last weekend with PB, he threw in the extra skimmer. Not much you might say, but we had agreed on 500 for it. I'll take it. :D Sarge goes in plenty, but he won't stay long. Once water is in, I doubt he will stay close to the edge much at all.

I like your tile as well. I'm impressed with the tile at the skimmer. I love how symmetrical they got it. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Thanks jro, me too! I liked the way it came out as well. Details like that looking wrong frustrate me more than they should.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.