Need replacement pump motor advice...

Nov 21, 2013
I have a Hayward Super Pump that is in need of a replacement motor with the following specs:
A. O. Smith model# C48K2N143B1
1 HP
1.1 sf
using 110V
56j frame
.75kw

Recommendations for a suitable replacement and best place to purchase are appreciated. I assume buying a full rate motor is best?

Thanks in advance for any assistance! :-D

Full rated or uprated really doesn't matter. Since you're just replacing the motor, you need to match the voltage, frame and sfhp.

Since you're looking to replace the motor, I'd suggest looking at a 2-speed model.

The Century B2973 would be a good choice 2-speed replacement since your current pump has 115V running too it. It is a little harder to find but here is a decent price: http://www.inyopools.com/Products/07501352022097.htm One other thing to keep in mind...I think your current motor is slightly smaller in diameter than the B2973 so as long as you have a spacer that can be removed on your pump support, it should be a drop in fit wise. See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/century-b973-as-new-motor-for-hayward-superpump-t33967.html

As to online verses store, I would think if you are diying it then you most likely will get a better price online.

You will also need to think about how your current pump is wired and how you will wire the 2-speed.

I am so glad to have this forum. From what I have read so far, the coaching is well done.

I have put off replacing my motor mostly because of fear. With the knowledge here, I feel ready to move forward.

I believe that my pump is too old to update with a new pump. Perhaps it is not updateable. Given the age (23rd season coming up), replacing the pump and motor seems appropriate to me. My thought is a 2 speed, 110 volt, 1hsp motor with pump. I live in Buffalo NY, electric rate is decent compared to rates mentioned in other threads. I currently use a heavy duty timer from HD to control the pump.

Please suggest some options for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.